Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 07-30-2020

5 checked in last week.

Looks like we all made goals. Yay for us!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

I'm not sure that I actually stated goals clearly, but I did what I wanted to do.

Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
    Chair yoga at senior center 2x
    Strong seniors at senior center 1x
    PT at home 1x

I'm still not able to report steps per day. I replaced my battery in my Garmin but Garmin Connect and Garmin.com are experiencing an outage so I can't access my steps for the week. If I check them before bed every night and write them down, I'll know what they are; I'm just unable to go back and look at them.

My goal next week is to attend exercise classes at least 3x per week and to do some PT at home.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Garmin got hit with some ransomware to the tune of 10M!!!! They say they have the fix in place but I'm still having problems. I dunno.

Glad to see you moving around and getting it done Mamabug.

My goals shifted a little bit as my usual run time has been allocated to another activity for ths week and a portion of next...

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.....done
      2 runs at 3 miles each...got 1 in

Lagniappe...
      3 walks with my wife for a total of 6.9 miles
      1 stationary bike session for 19 minutes
      8k average daily step count...(this is where i think the Garmin app may be incorrect)
      7H 16M average daily sleep.... (down more than an hour)
      I am filling in for our coach with the kids classes while he is resting so I'm getting a little extra cardio and some good calisthenics.

Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Wonderful news to read about reaching your goals, Mamabug and Boudreaux!!
        I wish I could say the same...

Still some gardening (harvesting and weeding) but not as much as I'd like to - or need to!
        I had a couple of rough days not feeling well plus the heat we're experiencing (upper 80's - low 90's) has limited my time outside. I know, I know..Not as hot as some of you have, but we're not used to it.

And because we don't have AC, it's too warm to do much inside as well.
        So maybe a partial goal here at best.
        Hopefully, next week I can start to get up earlier in the morning to accomplish more! Ha

Keep it up Goalposters!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Accomplished Goals

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          I'm not sure that I actually stated goals clearly, but I did what I wanted to do.

Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
          Chair yoga at senior center 2x
          Strong seniors at senior center 1x
          PT at home 1x
          Terrific job with your exercises Mamabug!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.....done
          2 runs at 3 miles each...got 1 in

Lagniappe...
          3 walks with my wife for a total of 6.9 miles
          1 stationary bike session for 19 minutes
          8k average daily step count...(this is where i think the Garmin app may be incorrect)
          7H 16M average daily sleep.... (down more than an hour)
          I am filling in for our coach with the kids classes while he is resting so I'm getting a little extra cardio and some good calisthenics.
          Fantastic job and interesting variety of activities Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

Still some gardening (harvesting and weeding) but not as much as I'd like to - or need to!
          I had a couple of rough days not feeling well plus the heat we're experiencing (upper 80's - low 90's) has limited my time outside.
          You made an effort under tough circumstances, Seasha. Hope conditions are better for you next week!

Accomplished my goals, indoors with A/C on Hi.

The breathing exercises are going well, and improvements are noticed in a short time. I'm becoming more conscious of something that has been automatic, and sort of in the background for the most part. More oxygen is good.

The stretching, ab crunches, and arm, leg, core, and back exercises also went well. Walking went ok, with needing to stop and pause often. Still, I'm able to walk so no complaints.

My older sister came over with tomatoes, green onions, pickles, and peppers from her garden (with other goodies to come later). Made my day.

Back to exercises.... I'm sticking with the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Good energy and good health to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Still some gardening (harvesting and weeding) but not as much as I'd like to - or need to! I had a couple of rough days not feeling well
            Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Those garden weeds are a hearty variety....everyone has trouble keeping up with those.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

The breathing exercises are going well, and improvements are noticed in a short time. I'm becoming more conscious of something that has been automatic, and sort of in the background for the most part. More oxygen is good.
            Awesome....Ever hear of Wim Hoff?

My older sister came over with tomatoes, green onions, pickles, and peppers from her garden (with other goodies to come later). Made my day.
            sweet.

Comment

Awesome....Ever hear of Wim Hoff?
              No, is this a person? Someone to Google up?
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/

there are tons of videos on YT as well.

Comment

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/

there are tons of videos on YT as well.
                  Thanks Boudreaux. This looks interesting.

Comment

Well... spent about 10 minutes typing and presto! All vanished! Maybe it will post? Dunno.

Glad the week went well for most. Sorry about the weather up by you Seasha.

Shortened week for me. Had a colonoscopy on Tuesday (went fine) so I missed that days stretching and gym work.

All other days I did the best I could. Overall I know that the near 4 month layoff is still taking a toll.
                    Nothing is back to mid March levels. Walking, leg strength, arm strength / flexibility all below par. Will keep at it.

Let's all keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                      Well... spent about 10 minutes typing and presto! All vanished! Maybe it will post? Dunno.
                      Jer, there is a 'Restore Auto-Saved Content' feature.

When you came back, after the 'poof' of your post, you could have clicked on the Restore Auto Saved Content, which would have appeared on the bottom left, on the border of the posting window.

Periodically, while typing your post, you will notice on the bottom right of the border, a yellow bar with 'Auto-Saved' that will appear and disappear several times, indicating that your post is being saved.

All other days I did the best I could. Overall I know that the near 4 month layoff is still taking a toll.
                      Nothing is back to mid March levels. Walking, leg strength, arm strength / flexibility all below par. Will keep at it.

Let's all keep at it!
                      Jer, you put great effort into your workout program.

It can be somewhat disheartening to feel that we're losing ground, especially after much hard work.

I really like your 'will keep at it' attitude.

For me, 'keeping at it', even when I have to revise or downgrade my goals, is imperative - both physically as well as psychologically.

So yes, let's all keep at it, the best we can.

Comment

Jer, there is a 'Restore Auto-Saved Content' feature.

When you came back, after the 'poof' of your post, you could have clicked on the Restore Auto Saved Content, which would have appeared on the bottom left, on the border of the posting window.

Periodically, while typing your post, you will notice on the bottom right of the border, a yellow bar with 'Auto-Saved' that will appear and disappear several times, indicating that your post is being saved.

Jer, you put great effort into your workout program.

It can be somewhat disheartening to feel that we're losing ground, especially after much hard work.

I really like your 'will keep at it' attitude.

For me, 'keeping at it', even when I have to revise or downgrade my goals, is imperative - both physically as well as psychologically.

So yes, let's all keep at it, the best we can.

There is no yellow at bar at all, but the words themselves appear in border, at bottom, on left ONLY IF YOU ATTEMPT TO REPOST. They are not present as I type this, so it seems self defeating... I have at this moment, no way of knowing the feature exist unless I happened to notice it if I tried to repost.

That said... You are a gift KoKo. I'll be happy with partial goals from now on.

Comment

Hey, Jer! I'm hopeful that eventually you'll get back to par. If not, sometimes we have to accept our new normal. That's what many of us are dealing with, including me. Just feel blessed that you can achieve what you do right now. Preaching to the choir...I know.

Keep doing what you're doing!!
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

There is no yellow at bar at all, but the words themselves appear in border, at bottom
                            Must depend on what browsers we use, 'auto-saved' appears in a bright yellow box/bar on mine - (Microsoft Edge browser).

on left ONLY IF YOU ATTEMPT TO REPOST.
                            This is true for me also - 'Restore auto-saved content' only appears when I go back to post something.

I have at this moment, no way of knowing the feature exist unless I happened to notice it if I tried to repost.
                            This is true too. I discovered the feature myself by sheer happenstance, now that I think of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X