Something new I think.... seeing colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new I think.... seeing colors

The last 2 days I've been seeing a green line at the bottom of my computer. It just flashes for a second and is gone. It's not just on the computer screen so I believe this is something new and funky. Last night I was wearing a green nightgown so I thought I was picking up the color somehow. But today...I'm wearing black. It's a very bright green kind of light thing.

I was sick with the Hershey Squirts on Sunday night and have been okay since then.

Any thoughts?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Seeing Red

Sometime when I am reading books, some of the words turn red randomly. I didn't worry about it but it makes it difficult to read.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
      Sometime when I am reading books, some of the words turn red randomly. I didn't worry about it but it makes it difficult to read.
      Wow Loopey.. another similarity between us. I assume this color thing is not anything to worry about. My eyes have been hurting for years, but no double vision. Neuro thinks I have had a case of ON sometime in the past.

How are things in Italy? Think you'll ever get to the states? Ciao.
      Marti

Comment

Still seeing this phantom green streak... on and off.
        Marti

Comment

Marti - Are you seeing this only on your computer? If so, you mind want a technician to check your computer.

If you are seeing this other places, you might want to check with your eye doctor!

It must be annoying!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Marti - Are you seeing this only on your computer? If so, you mind want a technician to check your computer.

If you are seeing this other places, you might want to check with your eye doctor!

It must be annoying!

Most of the time this happens in front of the computer. Today the green color appeared higher up on the screen and it was a wide area. I have noticed it once when I was somewhere else in the house. I've looked around for something that might be picking up this color around me, but haven't found it yet. It's just very weird. I might just have someone look at the computer before I start harassing the doctors.
            Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
              Most of the time this happens in front of the computer.
              As a former pro geek who has ON and still spends too much time in front of a monitor/screen, try this:

• If you can, swap out to a different monitor/screen. A little bigger or smaller makes is irrelevant. Try that for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference.
              • Move the monitor and/or adjust your chair -- a few inches can make a difference. Also raise/lower the monitor a bit (just putting it on a book will do). Moving the monitor a few inches closer or farther away will make your eye work differently.

I've read and been told by medical people that the color green is special to the human eye. Taking some time to relax during the day and look for a few minutes at trees or a green lawn or whatever actually can make a difference in your eye.

It may sound absurd, but I'd advise radically increasing your amount of greens and salads (iceberg lettuce doesn't count) you eat -- anything with vitamin A. This can have a profound effect on vision issues and we're in the prime time for summer garden goodies.
              59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

Comment

Originally posted by Golgotha View Post
                As a former pro geek who has ON and still spends too much time in front of a monitor/screen, try this:

• If you can, swap out to a different monitor/screen. A little bigger or smaller makes is irrelevant. Try that for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference.
                • Move the monitor and/or adjust your chair -- a few inches can make a difference. Also raise/lower the monitor a bit (just putting it on a book will do). Moving the monitor a few inches closer or farther away will make your eye work differently.

I've read and been told by medical people that the color green is special to the human eye. Taking some time to relax during the day and look for a few minutes at trees or a green lawn or whatever actually can make a difference in your eye.

It may sound absurd, but I'd advise radically increasing your amount of greens and salads (iceberg lettuce doesn't count) you eat -- anything with vitamin A. This can have a profound effect on vision issues and we're in the prime time for summer garden goodies.

Ok.. I did not have anything done to my computer, but I finally stopped seeing the green line. So after all that I accidentally burned my eyeball with bacon grease. Nice. But, I'm not seeing anything weird now. Thanks.
                Marti

Comment

but I finally stopped seeing the green line. So after all that I accidentally burned my eyeball with bacon grease. Nice. But, I'm not seeing anything weird now. Thanks.
                  MS symptoms can be sooo weird. Hope your eyeball heals, but Ouch!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Marti,
                    I hope your eye is better. Sounds very painful. The colors of the words when I was reading finally stopped and like your other thread I blamed it on MS but I do that with almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
                      Hi Marti,
                      I hope your eye is better. Sounds very painful. The colors of the words when I was reading finally stopped and like your other thread I blamed it on MS but I do that with almost everything.
                      Oh sister.. I know what you mean. I'd rather lay it on MS than start looking for other sources! Kind of like sticking your head in the sand, but I'd rather not find any more problems!
                      Marti

Comment

Way back when I was new to my MS, I had a brief period of time where everything non-animated was outlined in color. Usually blue but sometimes orange or red. Doorways, furniture, driveways, etc....all had a definite glow of color. It wasn't painful or anything but it was very annoying. I called my neuro to report it when it went beyond 72 hours and he got me in for an exam and it turned out that I was in the beginning of a flair of trigeminal neuralgia and he put me on a 3 day steroid drip which got rid of the colors. Thankfully I never did have the paint that usually comes with TN and for that I am VERY thankful. That nerve can cause incredible pain from what I learned.
                        Wendy
                        "There are signs everywhere...."
                        "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

Comment

So after all that I accidentally burned my eyeball with bacon grease. Nice. But, I'm not seeing anything weird now.
                          I'm glad to hear it's not bothering you any more.

Anyone with ON want to volunteer to do a study to test the efficacy of that particular healing technique?
                          59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

Comment

In mid-2000 after I had been dx, I had an ON flare....one day out of the blue (pardon the pun with colors) everything I was reading at work had a spot in the middle of the words....like when you look at the sun and then try to read something. I had to edit documents, so it was difficult but somehow I adjusted. Didn't take steroids, it lasted about four weeks and went away.

Also, every couple of years I have what my neuro calls "ocular migraines". They are not painful (thank God)--but it's like this "kaleidoscope" without colors slowly appears in one of my eyes. The patterns are very pretty; it's as if you are being put under general anesthesia and have that weird visual thing before you fade out. It lasts (at least for me) a couple of minutes. The first time I experienced this was when I was driving home; I pulled over in a store parking lot and waited it out. Let my neuro know what had just happened and she explained it to me.

Glad your issue went away, Marti.....my best to all.

Sara
                            Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                            X