Stopping progression vs side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping progression vs side effects

Do any meds really keep MS at bay, or slow progression to any significant amount ? It seems as though they all have horrible side effects

Hi lspanger!

Those are good questions! MS is so individualized for us as well as the medicine we take. What works well for some, may not work at all for others.

It's a difficult decision to make based on your level of ability/disability. What I've learned is that the higher efficacy rate of the med sometimes has the most side effects. I've included a pdf link that shows a table comparing the DMT's, the safety and side effects. Hopefully, this will give you some knowledge and help you decide.

Have you had some serious conversation with your neuro? That is always a good place to start.

https://www.swedish.org/~/media/Imag...paringDMTs.pdf

Wishing you good health!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks very much, I actually have an appointment set up now, I'm still in the evaluation-diagnosis phase I guess

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Hi lspanger!

Those are good questions! MS is so individualized for us as well as the medicine we take. What works well for some, may not work at all for others.

It's a difficult decision to make based on your level of ability/disability. What I've learned is that the higher efficacy rate of the med sometimes has the most side effects. I've included a pdf link that shows a table comparing the DMT's, the safety and side effects. Hopefully, this will give you some knowledge and help you decide.

Have you had some serious conversation with your neuro? That is always a good place to start.

https://www.swedish.org/~/media/Imag...paringDMTs.pdf

Wishing you good health!

Comment

Good luck! Have all your questions and concerns written out in case you forget something!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X