• Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in thread 07-09-2020

5 checked in last week.

1 set a goal for next week.
    3 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My goal last week was simply to track. Actually, I went back and looked at my vacation weeks, and, some days, I did better than I thought. Some days, I was up in the 1500-1800 steps range, after quarantine was over and we were able to go to parks and the beach.

This week, it's been quite a bit less (954 daily average steps) since I'm home and quarantined again. And, I only did PT exercises at home once.

My goal for next week is simply to do better than this week. I'll be on quarantine until Tuesday; Wednesday will be my first day off of it.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      My goal for next week is simply to do better than this week.
      I'm sure you will make that goal, Mamabug, now you are back!

I guess I made my last week's goal. IDK, but the days are running into each other lately. I hardly know what day it is during this Covid time!! I even missed my long overdue hair appt because I got the days mixed up.

I managed to weed around my mature blueberry bushes which was challenging. I also washed all our tile flooring in the house and went grocery shopping with dh.

Hope you all had successes!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        My goal last week was simply to track. Actually, I went back and looked at my vacation weeks, and, some days, I did better than I thought. Some days, I was up in the 1500-1800 steps range, after quarantine was over and we were able to go to parks and the beach.
        Looks like you were pretty active while on vacation, Mamabug. Good luck after your quarantine time is finished!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        I managed to weed around my mature blueberry bushes which was challenging. I also washed all our tile flooring in the house and went grocery shopping with dh.
        Good exercise, Seasha!

I had a successful week exercising, and was able to accomplish my goals, despite the oppressive heat and humidity.

Even with A/C, (which doesn't seem to like working very hard when it's super hot) it can still get a little more difficult to move around. So, I do most activities in the early part of the day.

I use the hottest time of the day for phone calls, emails, French lessons, and other very light activities.

Since the 4 days-a-week exercise plan is working out well, I'm going to continue with that.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Wishing you all the best physical, mental, and spiritual fitness possible.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Good week Mamabug, looking back & reviewing can be rewarding! Glad you saw that some accomplishments are arrived at without specific goals in mind. Like Seasha and her never-ending chores filling in as exercise. Reading some of what you do is often overwhelming. KoKo- Great week! Smart to work around the heat (and humidity), know it is a big negative in your life.

What had been my goal during COVID19 - 6 days daily AM stretching @ 30 minutes / 5 days daily PM light exercise @ 30 minutes is now... (insert drumroll), back to as close to normal as it can be, sans pool!

Back to 3- 90+ minute sessions weekly at gym, arms / legs / abs, directed by trainer, with light pre-exercise cardio currently. The 6 days daily AM stretching @ 30 minutes, stet. I like the recovery day between sessions!

I could go on about overdoing it, mental attitude, pain, patience but on this thread especially it would be preaching to the choir!

Looking to do similar in the coming week... just maybe more cardio....

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            What had been my goal during COVID19 - 6 days daily AM stretching @ 30 minutes / 5 days daily PM light exercise @ 30 minutes is now... (insert drumroll), back to as close to normal as it can be, sans pool!
            Hooray!

Back to 3- 90+ minute sessions weekly at gym, arms / legs / abs, directed by trainer, with light pre-exercise cardio currently. The 6 days daily AM stretching @ 30 minutes, stet. I like the recovery day between sessions!
            Super workouts, Jer!

I could go on about overdoing it, mental attitude, pain, patience but on this thread especially it would be preaching to the choir!

Looking to do similar in the coming week... just maybe more cardio....
            Can we assume that your pain has resolved? Hopefully that is the case!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sooo happy to hear you're almost back to normal, Jer! All your hard work has paid off Keep it going~~

And glad for you, KoKo, the 4 days of exercising has worked out to your benefit! Wish you could share tad bit of your heat with us. Not enough sunny days and in the 60's- low 70's here. I think we're the only cool place in the US right now!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks KoKo and Seasha!

Pain faded away within 10 days. Back to pre shut down routines but not standards.... Yet!

I'll take whatever comes as long as I make an effort.

Comment

Working...
                X