Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in for July 2

I'm back!

4 checked in last week. It looks like you all made goals. You've all been moving at least.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

This week's goal is just to track

I didn't track while I was gone.

But I had more steps (on the days that I looked) than sometimes during COVID.

I had to do stairs for the spare bedroom where we slept. I got up and down off the floor multiple times every day to play with the little guys.

I had a really good time. It was complicated. We were given inaccurate information on the phone and were initially denied entrance. My son got online and found wording that allowed me (and my spouse!) to get in because of my Canadian citizenship, rather than because of the family exemption, which we didn't qualify for after all. My daughter called them and things got worked out, a day later.

Quarantine rules were strict and the Canadian government and even the local RCMP checked up on us to make sure we followed them. But it was worth it; seeing family was so good for both of us.

Now, because of international travel, we're quarantined at home for another two weeks.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 07-09-2020, 10:38 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling and typos
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed yourself Mamabug.

I got 2 nights of Jiu JItsu in and got 1 run @ 3miles in. The heat had me ready to cash in my chips...I was done!

I averaged 8.8K steps and 8 hours 28 minutes of sleep over the last 7 days.

My goals for next week will be:
      2 nights of Jiu Jitsu
      Daily average of 12K steps
      Daily average of 8 hours of sleep
      At least 5 - 3 mile walks with my wife.
      ENJOY VACATION!!!!

Happy Independence Day!!!!
      KEEP IT GOING!
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Mamabug, glad you are back and had a good time. How could it not be a happy time surrounded with those grandkids and family?

Nice work, Boudreaux and hope the heat lets up for you!

Unlike most of you, we've had crappy weather - cool, cloudy, breezy and raining for days on end! I don't do well when the low pressure system hangs on for days. I felt lazy, unmotivated and just couldn't get going. Legs giving out big time.

One sunny day before the rains hit, I weeded a touch spot in my landscape which did me in. I had a bad night afterwards with leg spasms all night long

I did manage to vacuum and wash some flooring, but not much.
        All in all, not a good week for me.

I'm hoping for a little bit of warmth from the sun and motivation for next week.
        Next weeks goal, depending on the weather, I hope for 4 days of exercise.
        Hope you all achieve all you hope for!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Unlike most of you, we've had crappy weather - cool, cloudy, breezy and raining for days on end! I don't do well when the low pressure system hangs on for days. I felt lazy, unmotivated and just couldn't get going. Legs giving out big time.
          nasty weather can be exhausting. Hopefully brighter days are just around the corner. Good luck with next weeks goals.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Welcome back, Mamabug! Glad that you had a wonderful time with your family!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            I got 2 nights of Jiu JItsu in and got 1 run @ 3miles in. The heat had me ready to cash in my chips...I was done!

I averaged 8.8K steps and 8 hours 28 minutes of sleep over the last 7 days.
            Boudreaux, you did very well, all things considered having to deal with the heat.

You're doing great with your sleep goals, which is really important for us.

Happy 4th of July, and happy vacation!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I'm hoping for a little bit of warmth from the sun and motivation for next week.
            Next weeks goal, depending on the weather, I hope for 4 days of exercise.
            Seasha, if it were possible, I would gladly share some sun and warmth with you. We're in a hot spell, with all above 90's temps continuing for the 10 day forecast.

Hope your legs are better, and stop acting up for you.

Fortunately, I was able to achieve my goals - 4 days of exercises, with daily stretches and daily chores/activities.

The motor fatigue has stayed away, thank goodness. My arms and legs are back to their 'usual' strength.

I have learned that, for me, 5 consecutive days of repetitive type exercises will cause this motor fatigue (extreme muscle weakness in arms and legs).

I'm going to try for 4 days of exercises again next week, doing no more than 2 consecutive days of the repetitive ones.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

4X (Next Week): In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Happy 4th of July to all!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Goal Posters!

Late to the party again. Get the wet noodle.

Wasn’t sure how to find the words to describe this week. Appears that the ever changing body, be it from our weather, our attitude, our MS, name it and it can or will influence our goals.

I made my trainers goals and did a so-so daily stretching routine. Different is all. Think pain?

Simply glad for my “cheerleader.” No thinking... a "Jump! / How high?" simplicity.

All decisions were her’s to make regarding what to work. How much or little. And what was set aside for a later date. Reason is the continued fallout from what had to have been over exertion June 22-23 in cardio work. Truly sad: I no longer sense or feel my body as I once did. Still paying for it this entire week, even as I peck at the keys.

So Seasha, that “tough weeding,” and KoKo’s “consecutive / repetitive” observation… Yeah, I get it. Only my response to a physical misdeed can be delayed 48 hours+... that just isn't right

Boudreaux! When the heat speaks, you paid attention!

Mamabug… Welcome back to quarantine! Now drop and give us 20. How ‘bout 10? Just kidding, Glad you / fam had good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Appears that the ever changing body, be it from our weather, our attitude, our MS, name it and it can or will influence our goals.
                That is affirmative!

I made my trainers goals and did a so-so daily stretching routine. Different is all. Think pain?
                You did your best, while recovering from a prior workout, Jer. You and your trainer get an A+ for effort and perseverance.

Hopefully you will feel much better, day by day, Jer!

PS - my motor fatigue seems to be delayed as well, and doesn't show up until the second day following overexertion.
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug… Welcome back to quarantine! Now drop and give us 20. How ‘bout 10? Just kidding, Glad you / fam had good times!
                  Lol! Yeah, I should do something.
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                  X