Tecfidera, Vumerity, Aubagio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera, Vumerity, Aubagio?

After 20 years of being on Copaxone, & very happy with it. My new dr. is encouraging me to to switch to one of these meds-Tecfidera, Vumerity, Aubagio.
    I also have colitis, nervous these will affect it. Each of these has stomach problems as side effects
    I really don't want to change. I feel like I would rather gamble with the MonSter than the short & long term effects from these meds. Have had MS for over 30 years and have had very few exacerbations.
    Any thoughts?
    wendy

Ultimately it's your decision if you are going to change medications unless your neurologist will refuse to refill Copaxone.

I'm not sure why the neurologist suggested Aubagio since it's average efficacy is in line with Copaxone. This suggestion makes literally no sense at all.

On average, Vumerity is better tolerated than Tecfidera so between the two that seems like an easy decision. Both Vumerity and Tecfidera are a definite step up in average efficacy than Copaxone or Aubagio.

If you really want to stay on Copaxone then tell your neurologist that's what you are going to do. You have a long track record with the drug so you know better than most the pros and cons.

Of the three alternatives, Vumerity makes the most sense to me.

I wish you well...

Comment

[QUOTE=Marco;1526712]
      Of the three alternatives, Vumerity makes the most sense to me.

Thank you for the input.
      The first time I saw him, he made it clear that he thought staying on copaxone was not a good idea. We hear that Dr.s get kickbacks from pharmos. I always doubted that but now, not so sure!!

If he were to refuse to refill C, I would definitely find a new neuro. I am seriously thinking about it anyway since changing meds seems to be all he want to discuss.
      wendy

Comment

Working...
      X