post injection reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post injection reaction

Hello all, (already posted in Glatiramer acetate forum- thought I'd try the C forum - same stuff)

I'll keep it brief:

Off meds for 21 months.

Started back on Glatiramer Acetate on 6.25.20

1st injection went fine

2nd injection had a reaction within 2 minutes. Started itching. 5 minutes broke into huge hives on abdomen around the injection site.

emailed doctor - not in today.

** I know "they" say they don't know what causes it, but I have to believe I nicked a vein - got it in my blood stream a bit but NOT enough to have a systemic reaction.**

I won't inject again until I hear from my doctor.

I have done approx 600+ injections in my history of MS meds. This is the very first adverse reaction.

I will send a message to the FDA as suggested.

Will I be able to continue using this medication?

**update**

Doc said to discontinue meds. It was an allergic reaction. Next time it could be worse if I inject.

He's putting me on Tecfidera. Was on that in the past. Guess I'll stock up on the peppermint lifesavers.

Comment

Ocrevus or one of the other DMTs aren't an option?

Guess I'll stock up on the peppermint lifesavers.
      Peppermint is boring; everything has peppermint in it. Walk on the wildside and give wintergreen a try.
      59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

Comment

I'm not up for trying any meds I haven't taken.... I may take your suggestion as far as the Wint-o-green lifesavers though but that's about all the adventurous I'll get lol.

Comment

Why would you need peppermint lifesavers? Does it leave a bad taste? For how long?
          wendy

Comment

Originally posted by smiles View Post
            Why would you need peppermint lifesavers? Does it leave a bad taste? For how long?
            It gave me an upset stomach/nausea the last time I took it. Even whenever I took it with food.

Comment

Working...
            X