Good News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News!

I got a new motorized 4 wheel scooter yesterday!! I did a test run today up our gravel driveway and all around our property and I'm so elated No more struggling to get out to my gardens over uneven grass. I can now get out to the fruit trees and blueberry bushes. I can take walks with my husband or friends.

Some of you may remember the other one I had (it was my avatar)- but it turned out to be a very expensive "lemon" and the company I brought it from was a running a bad practice. I was without a scooter for 10 months or so.

My life is going to be so much better!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Glad to hear it.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

That's terrific, Seasha!

Good for you!

Enjoy!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Congratulations! I've been wondering how you were getting around. I hope this one lasts for many years!

Comment

Congratulations. It will make everything more enjoyable. I know 50 yards can be so far away some days. I hope you have great luck with it. Now you can spend your energy in your gardens instead of using it up just getting there. I’m very happy for you.
          It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

That is awesome! Lots of luck with it.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This is good news! I'm happy for you Seasha, it is nice to hear a story of an MSer with an expanding world!

Comment

Oh, Seasha that is Great News. I felt so bad for you when your other one stop running because you were so happy. Now you are happy again and I am happy for you.

ENJOY!!
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Awesome Seasha! So happy for you!
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have a farm and need a new scooter with bigger wheels that can clear 8” at least

Is there some reason you did not identify the scooter you got? I would like to know its name. Hope you see this!
                    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by MSLazarus View Post
                      Is there some reason you did not identify the scooter you got? I would like to know its name. Hope you see this!
                      It's a BUZZ Around EX by Golden. 4 wheeler. I'm still loving it , but I wish the shocks were a tad bit better. I travel mostly on uneven ground and hard packed gravel.

Comment

Yay! .......
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

MSLazarus - I just reread your post and can tell you the BuzzAround model I have has only a 4" clearance. It wouldn't work for your situation.

However, this might work for you https://www.accessiblemadrid.com/en/...bility-scooter

Here's a video to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELzh...=emb_rel_pause

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                            MSLazarus - I just reread your post and can tell you the BuzzAround model I have has only a 4" clearance. It wouldn't work for your situation.

However, this might work for you https://www.accessiblemadrid.com/en/...bility-scooter

Here's a video to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELzh...=emb_rel_pause

Thank you so much. I do have a
                            Palmer (made in NY, and a golf cart but need a scooter. I am off to look up what you mentioned. Thanks.
                            "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Oh good! I hope you find something to bring more independence to your life style! Please share if you find the perfect match. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X