Hair Salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair Salon

Wondering if anyone on DMT has visited a salon to get a haircut. Been trimming my own but not doing a great job. Is it safe ?
    Would love to hear from others.

I have been to the Hair Salon. I went in with my hair wet, had it cut and left with it wet. They could not use the blow driers. No one could wait in the waiting area. Only one person for ea hair stylist Everyone had to wear a mask. They sanitized after each person. Took my temp.

I did not want to stay in there long. I have friends and family that has also went to Hair Salon.

Is it safe? Who knows.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I am on Ocrevus. I needed a haircut when the salons closed so by the time they reopened I was pretty desperate. I’ve had my hair cut twice.

The salon is requiring clients and stylists to wear masks, and practice social distancing, use hand sanitizer, etc. I washed my hair at home and just got a cut. Having a stylist bending over my face seemed too close..

Having my hair cut felt safer than going in a grocery store where half the people don’t wear masks and don’t pay attention to one-way aisles.

Comment

I got my haircut and a bit shorter than normal. It looks like our city might be clamping back down so I took advantage of the opportunity while it lasts.

They took my temperature, sanitize between clients, had only 2 of 6 chairs going. They also limited lobby space and had people wash their hands on arrival. I'm so glad I went and will definitely try to get in again if they announce another lockdown.

I wish you well...

Comment

Ours haven't opened up yet, they do next Friday. I have an appointment but not for another 2 weeks🙄

The said they are limiting how many working, staggering appointments, no guests, have to wait outside til called in, thermometer check on way in, then immediately to wash hands, must wear a mask, no blow dry, and if tipping, not until the end. They will sanitize chairs between clients.

I am about ready to trim my bangs, can't take it for another 2 weeks!

So it appears it will be safer then most other places!
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I went.

Much the same as Reg. No one in waiting areas. No pampering. No blow driers.

Everyone had to wear a mask. They sanitized after each person.

Hairstylists are trained in safety and sanitation procedures. They are inspected with a fine tooth comb. Long before we were worried about covid, they were protecting us from HIV, staph, strep, tuberculosis and more.

I felt safe.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X