First Infusion Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Infusion Today!

Dare I say that everything went well today? I guess it was good that I had Tysabri for the past year and knew to hydrate well the day before so my veins would not collapse. The nurse was able to get the IV with the first stick. I was instantly intoxicated with a huge dose of Benadryl and could hardly talk without slurring. It took me an hour to send an email. I got a little itchy towards the end of the infusion but it went away as soon as the infusion finished. I even like the new infusion center and had a private room!! I'm hoping any side effects tomorrow will not be bad.

It just goes to show you that not every medication works for every person. I never did get that warm, fuzzy feeling from Tysabri that I read about. I had flu-like side effects that lasted about week. It just wasn't working for me. I'm hoping the Ocrevus infusions continue to work out because I've about run out of other options.

PS-why is it so hot already in north Texas?

Originally posted by KatW View Post
    Dare I say that everything went well today? I guess it was good that I had Tysabri for the past year and knew to hydrate well the day before so my veins would not collapse. The nurse was able to get the IV with the first stick. I was instantly intoxicated with a huge dose of Benadryl and could hardly talk without slurring. It took me an hour to send an email. I got a little itchy towards the end of the infusion but it went away as soon as the infusion finished. I even like the new infusion center and had a private room!! I'm hoping any side effects tomorrow will not be bad.

It just goes to show you that not every medication works for every person. I never did get that warm, fuzzy feeling from Tysabri that I read about. I had flu-like side effects that lasted about week. It just wasn't working for me. I'm hoping the Ocrevus infusions continue to work out because I've about run out of other options.

PS-why is it so hot already in north Texas?
    Glad to know that the Ocrevus infusion experience went well for you, Kat!

Wishing you success with your treatment!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow! A Private Room!! I can only wish. I'm glad your first infusion went well.

I am hoping the 2hr infusion gets approved soon. It will make a big difference.

I wish you all the best with Ocrevus.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Happy to hear about your good first Ocrevus experience.

I have had 2 rounds of Ocrevus and no issues other than being tired/weak the rest of the day, maybe due to the light dose of Solumedrol.
        Also previously had 3 years of monthly Tysabri with no issues, and Lemtrada year-1 and year-2 treatments with bad 'rebounds' from the heavy doses of Solumedrol.

Comment

Working...
        X