The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 06-11-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 06-11-2020

Hi all! (Filling in for Mamabug while she is on vacation.)

We had 5 check in last week with 4 making their goals.

This group is great for encouragement. It's not about how successful we are. Just that we're trying.
    We are a small group and hope more of you would like to join us!!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

I started the week off well enough, but had a bad fall on Sunday which put my exercise on hold for awhile.

I was sitting on my rollator walker on the sidewalk watching my husband trim some bushes and before I knew it my chair and I rolled off the slope and down we went...I was tangled up in my chair! Both the flowers I crushed and I were in a mess.

Feeling somewhat better now after my chiro today worked on my neck and entire left side. Next week will be better, I'm sure. Lesson learned - put the brakes on while sitting!

Hope you all had a much better week than I did!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Oh man, sorry to hear about your bad trip....but it seems like you are on the path to recovery.

I got my two nights for jiu jitsu in but the rain down here from TS Cristobal and afterwards has limited outdoor activities so no runs. Now that the state is opening back up, kids activities are ramping back up so the routine evening walks are few and far in between.

Next weeks goals will be 2 nights of jiu jitsu, 2 runs @ 3 miles each and 2 cardio sessions.

Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Seasha, sorry to learn about your fall (and your flowers). Lucky that your husband was right there to help you. Glad to know that you are doing better with the help of your chiro, and hope that you continue to improve.

Boudreaux, I was wondering if you were affected by the bad storm. You were able to get some Jiu Jitsu in, so that's good. Hope you have nice weather next week. Good luck with your outdoor activities and exercise goals!

My exercises went well, and I'm thankful that I was able to accomplish goals.

I cannot do any outdoor exercising, as I need a climate controlled environment in order to function. Thank goodness for A/C, as it was hot and humid most of the week. The one day that I turned off the A/C for awhile because I felt cool and comfortable enough - well, I really struggled with moving around. So back on it went!

I will continue with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Perseverance and peace of mind to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi all!

Seasha you’re suppose to work in the flower bed not fall into the flower bed. Glad the Chiro bent you back into shape.

Boudreaux, sounds like you may be very close to what we use to call normal… at least this coming week sounds that way. Hope all works out. Those everyday-take-for-granted-days aren’t taken for granted as much lately.

And KoKo, your week, despite the stickiness, went well or at least no complaints, oui?

To join in, this past week was fine. Peaceful. If I went easy on myself I let it be. Not really me, but this week it was me.

Still no pool or gym* but…

6 days at 30+ minutes in morning for stretching routine.
          1 day, solo, light weights, spa ball, crunches, sit-ups, squats etc 45 + minutes
          2 days: 1 walking (1mile+), another with lots of leg work & some core stuff, followed by stretches @ home w. trainer . 4 hours plus?

All in all; nice week.

I became aware of attitude adjustments that were coming quicker than normal for me. Usually I procrastinate, but the liquidity and pace was fast. Anything exceeding slow brings a smile for us MSers right? There wasn’t as much hesitation? Nothing dangerous mind you, I’m only too aware of my physical limitations. This was mental (spiritual?). Acceptance ... of MS or future or not knowing anything or whatever, I have no idea, just acceptance... best I've got.

Or... it could be that chemical release from exercise, right Seasha! Anyhow it was mental, clear, aware... nothing could unsettle me. Still feel it!

Mamabug... we miss ya! hi to family & hope all is well or getting better.

* Gym is suppose to open this coming Friday, so one more week of self motivation

Comment

Just saying hi!

We are on vacation in Canada! Social distancing at my daughter's house. Actually, a required quarantine here in their home for 14 days.

Canada is very strict about foreign nationals coming in and they scared the begeebies out of us with threats of $1 million dollar fines and three years in prison if we don't follow the rules. But it's still very good to see everyone in person!

No exercise goals while I'm here. But we'll be spending lots of time outside; it's natural to social distance outdoors even if we're active. and I'll be doing lots of stairs.

I don't expect to be online much.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              And KoKo, your week, despite the stickiness, went well or at least no complaints, oui?
              Oui - I try not to complain too much. I'm well aware that in the future, I may look back at these times as being the 'good ole days'.

6 days at 30+ minutes in morning for stretching routine.
              1 day, solo, light weights, spa ball, crunches, sit-ups, squats etc 45 + minutes
              2 days: 1 walking (1mile+), another with lots of leg work & some core stuff, followed by stretches @ home w. trainer . 4 hours plus?

All in all; nice week.
              A very nice week, Jer!

Acceptance ... of MS or future or not knowing anything or whatever, I have no idea, just acceptance... best I've got.
              Freedom from inner turmoil, freedom from mental struggle (even if temporary) - priceless!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Just a lot of rain Koko, standard stuff. Good job accomplishing those goals.

We're definitely making headway Jerry, can't wait till this crap is done. I see you had another solid week, nice work.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                X