Possible Lyme's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Lyme's

I had a cough that lingered for almost 4 months. I told my PCP that the fatigue hasn't lifted. Usually walking helps with energy and MS fatigue, but for the last few months, it just wears me down.

My PCP had done normal bloodwork which was fine. So before chalking the fatigue up to MS, she tested for Lyme's, thyroid, and repeated the A1HC. So the A1HC was good again, the Lyme's was in the middle area, not positive or negative. The TSH to TSH4 test would indicate hypothyroidism, but only my 0.4.

My guess is she will retest in a few months for Lyme's and thyroid.

Has anyone else had inconclusive test and did they later become either positive or negative?

Thanks
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

I can't remember having inconclusive tests... maybe some, but not sure. But.... my ears perked up when I read about your cough! I cough year round. Choke sometimes and am exhausted every day of my life no matter what I do or how much sleep I get.

I have Graves disease and now am hypothyroid. I cannot get my Endo to hear me when I tell him how I feel. My labs are steady so I must be crazy or have some other weird thing going on. I've had thyroid nodules for years. He has never, ever addressed that. I'm not complaining about my doctor. I really like this guy. But....please listen to your patient Doc!

Not sure if I've ever been tested for Lymes. It sounds familiar. Is this the one that comes from tick bites. We are in the Ozarks and have tons of them. I've picked many a tick off my body over the years.

Anyway, I know I'm no help to you. But I do understand uncertainty. Be well friend.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thanks Marti. Sorry your Endo won't really listen to you. My mom had hypothyroidism, and my older sister has it, so I am guessing in my future, if not now.

And you were of help! Appreciate it.
      Kathy

Comment

Hi Kathy.

I have absolutely no experience with Lyme's Disease and have never been tested, sorry I can't be of any help.

It does appear your TSH is on the lower end of normal and could possibly be the problem, only time will tell.

I have a friend who has a family history of Hypothyroid and she kept telling her Dr. that the problems she was having were her thyroid. He Dr., based on her TSH said her thyroid was fine. This went on for a few years. She moved, got a new Dr. and guess what, she had surgery to remove half of her Thyroid (non-cancerous).

Before, after, and even still, her TSH is within normal range

My husband has been on Thyroid medication for quite some years. By the time he went to the Dr. we found out his Thyroid was not working at all. He was extremely cold (wore a coat in the summer), irritable, tired, and I was noticing signs of depression.

Best wishes Kathy
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks Snoopy for sharing your friend and husband's experience. Some of the hypothyroidism symptoms fit, others don't. Waiting to hear from my PCP on next steps.
          Kathy

Comment

Working...
          X