MMR vaccine could provide protection against Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMR vaccine could provide protection against Covid 19

My niece is a nurse practitioner in Spokane, WA, and she send me the following PDF. In a retrospective research study, there appeared to be a definitive link between the MMR vaccine and a milder course if an individual was found positive with the virus. It may confer protection. If you are 50 or above, chances are good you never had this vaccine, and if you are 41 or younger, you have probably had two shots. This is something to watch and if you haven't had the vaccine, possibly something to consider getting. I know I haven't had it.

researchgate.net/publication/341354165_MMR_Vaccine_Appears_to_Confer_Strong_Pro tection_from_COVID-19_Few_Deaths_from_SARS-CoV-2_in_Highly_Vaccinated_Populations

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
    ... there appeared to be a definitive link between the MMR vaccine and a milder course if an individual was found positive with the virus. It may confer protection. If you are 50 or above, chances are good you never had this vaccine, and if you are 41 or younger, you have probably had two shots.
    Interesting!. I'm 58. But I was required to get two shots in 1992 when I began working at a county public health department.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if having the measles and the mumps inoculates you, too. That was the old fashioned way we dealt with these diseases.

It looks like several countries are on the road to getting a vaccine. We just have to be patient.

Comment

Working...
      X