Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 05-14-2020

5 checked in last week.

1 might have improved attitude. Still didn't exercise much.
    2 made goals.
    1 might report every other week (goal adjustment).
    1 new participant (Welcome Sardi! Maybe this will help me.)
    1 is active; working on a major goal.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals.

I didn't track so there's nothing to report; I wasn't very active. Our weather was cold (broke records for the lowest daily high temp) last week, but most of my exercise had been indoors anyways so that's not an excuse.

I also didn't work on resiliency. But, I'll try again. Same goals.

I've decided that I'm experiencing some symptoms of grief related to the new norm this COVID 19 has forced us into. Working on resiliency is probably my path to working my way out of grief (which I previously referred to as my "funk").

My goals: track and report. Work on resiliency.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I've decided that I'm experiencing some symptoms of grief related to the new norm this COVID 19 has forced us into.

TOTALLY agree with this.

I still have to finish up my weeks exercises and will report later.

But Faith, you are right, this is really starting to wear thin.

Comment

Keep showing up Mamabug. I agree with both of you, I'm over it as well.

Still chugging along....
        2 runs 1@4 miles and 1@6 miles.
        6 walks with my wife for a total of 14.8 miles
        Daily averages for last 7 days
        18874 steps a day
        12 flights of stairs
        8 hours and 2 minutes of sleep

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hello everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          I've decided that I'm experiencing some symptoms of grief related to the new norm this COVID 19 has forced us into. Working on resiliency is probably my path to working my way out of grief (which I previously referred to as my "funk").

My goals: track and report. Work on resiliency.
          Mamabug, keep trying. Exercise boosts mood and endorphins, and helps the thought process. Ironically, it helps us be more resilient as well.

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

Still chugging along....
          2 runs 1@4 miles and 1@6 miles.
          6 walks with my wife for a total of 14.8 miles
          Daily averages for last 7 days
          18874 steps a day
          12 flights of stairs
          8 hours and 2 minutes of sleep
          Simply marvelous, Boudreaux!

Glad you squeezed in those extra 2 minutes of sleep!

I was able to accomplish my goals.

The 5X a week, 30 minute walk/stand is becoming half the time stand and half the time walk, since I need to stop so frequently. So, I'm going to include this in my daily 'up on feet and light activity' for 30 min.

Except for occasional pleasant surprises, 30 min up on my feet seems to be my average limit, whether I'm taking steps or standing in place. I'm thankful for these 30 minutes.

I'm pleased with my new stretch. Ironically, my affected leg is easier to keep the stretch position than my better leg - probably because there is much more muscle and tone in my better leg.

Jer, I'm not sure about how the band will replace my hand/arm from holding my legs in this stretch position.

In any case, this is a good leg stretch. I can feel it in pretty much all areas of my legs, from ankle up to hip!

Same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, and Lower Back Exercises

Patience and perseverance to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

Good week, right?... Boudreaux with those distances you're a shoe-in (sorry) for the Garmin competition this month! And KoKo you are correct: better leg = more muscle = tighter leg.

And Mamabug as I posted earlier, there is a sense of loss, amplified daily by media and our own, now very limited routines. Becoming aware, clearing our minds, can assist us with our bodies. Work one and both benefit.

This week finally had 3 pretty nice days weather wise, got to use two of them.

Made my goals with more variety this week. And including some stuff that is really hard for me to do.

Usual 30-35 minutes, 6x a week stretching in AM. (pole & wrist weights)

Another 30-35 minutes, 5x a week mixed dumbbell / Swiss ball / cushion pillows (balance). One day out on deck with sun!

Did get out on one of these 5 days and walked one & a half miles (w. / w.o. poles & trainer)

Seasha: Hope you had a great week! And Sardi... looking forward to your treadmill experience!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Made my goals with more variety this week. And including some stuff that is really hard for me to do.

Usual 30-35 minutes, 6x a week stretching in AM. (pole & wrist weights)

Another 30-35 minutes, 5x a week mixed dumbbell / Swiss ball / cushion pillows (balance). One day out on deck with sun!

Did get out on one of these 5 days and walked one & a half miles (w. / w.o. poles & trainer)
              Magnifique, Jer!
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Well I managed 2 days this week. I'm getting hit with bipolar depression. Added Latuda this week.
                Thanks for posting your achievements all I'm totally impressed and inspired. I know I'll be better it never lasts but ugh
                But exercise is key to recovery so I'm trying again this week. Half hour walking on treadmill 4 times.
                See you next week

Comment

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
                  Well I managed 2 days this week. I'm getting hit with bipolar depression. Added Latuda this week.
                  Thanks for posting your achievements all I'm totally impressed and inspired. I know I'll be better it never lasts but ugh
                  But exercise is key to recovery so I'm trying again this week. Half hour walking on treadmill 4 times.
                  See you next week
                  Sardi, using the treadmill 2X this week is a great start!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
                    Well I managed 2 days this week... But exercise is key to recovery so I'm trying again this week.

Sardi_g,

I'd use that "thumbs-up" symbol but those icons never work for me. Have a good week!

Thanks KoKo!

Jer

Comment

I'd use that "thumbs-up" symbol but those icons never work for me.
                      Jer, are you saying that the smilies/emoticons have never worked for you?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Thanks

Yeah. Not limited to the emotions... I get a description of what I choose to do...

[italic] or [bold] or [emoiticon]

kinda like that... That's why I resort to old school at times ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Thanks
                          KoKo!

I just realized I had not checked the "preview post" which shows each choice (Bold, Underscore, etc... and

These choices are not immediately reflected when initially typed....

Jer (I may not be too bright but I always manage to outsmart myself!)

Comment

KoKo!

I just realized I had not checked the "preview post" which shows each choice (Bold, Underscore, etc... and

These choices are not immediately reflected when initially typed....

Jer (I may not be too bright but I always manage to outsmart myself!)
                            Jer - you do have access to the smilies (but only when you use the Preview Post function) is that correct?

If so, that's great - you'll be able to really emote now!

Comment

Those 2 minutes were pure heaven Koko. Nice job hitting your mark this week.

Another solid week Jerry, making your goal while pushing your limits is quite the accomplishment.

Sardi....2 days is better than none, thanks for checking in. I'm looking forward to hearing from you next week.

Hope you're keeping up with that garden Seasha.
                              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X