FDA Approves Zeposia (Ozanimod), Oral Therapy for All with Relapsing MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDA Approves Zeposia (Ozanimod), Oral Therapy for All with Relapsing MS

Another oral therapy for RRMS, active SPMS and CIS has been FDA approved.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Zeposia (ozanimod) oral capsules to treat adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), including relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS), active secondary progressive MS (SPMS), and clinically isolated syndrome (CIS).

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, when it will arrive in clinics for patient use is not yet known, Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS), which will market Zeposia, said in a press release announcing the approval.

“The Company made the decision based on what’s in the best health interest of our patients, customers and employees,” it said. “Bristol Myers Squibb will continue to monitor the environment and will partner with the neurology community to inform launch timing.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...s-cis-therapy/
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Is anyone on this drug? My neuro threw this out to me when discussing treatment options after a flare-up and new lesions. It is so new that it is hard to find any information on it.
    Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

Originally posted by sewhappy View Post
      Is anyone on this drug? My neuro threw this out to me when discussing treatment options after a flare-up and new lesions. It is so new that it is hard to find any information on it.
      Hi sewhappy

This is some new info about Zeposia:

Zeposia Still Prevents Relapses in Relapsing MS Patients After 3 Years, Trial Data Show

Zeposia (ozanimod) oral capsules continue to safely and effectively prevent relapses and disability progression in people with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), according to three-year data from a Phase 3 extension clinical trial.

“Gaining insight into long-term therapeutic outcomes can enable clinicians to identify the most appropriate treatment approach for their multiple sclerosis patients,” Bruce Cree, MD, PhD, said in a press release. Cree is the trial’s investigator and clinical research director at University of California San Francisco (UCSF) MS Center,

“The DAYBREAK trial provides us with important context regarding the longer-term efficacy and safety profile of Zeposia,” added Cree, who also is a professor of clinical neurology at UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...-3-trial-data/
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X