Finally approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally approved!

It took a bit longer than I was told, because after making a decision they sent everything back to be re-examined, but I finally got confirmation last week that I am now officially Disabled! I'm a little miffed that I won't be getting any back pay, because they consider my date of disability to be the one when I completely quit work instead of when I reduced my hours, but at least I'm going to have an income after 6 months of living off my widowed mother!

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
    It took a bit longer than I was told, because after making a decision they sent everything back to be re-examined, but I finally got confirmation last week that I am now officially Disabled! I'm a little miffed that I won't be getting any back pay, because they consider my date of disability to be the one when I completely quit work instead of when I reduced my hours, but at least I'm going to have an income after 6 months of living off my widowed mother!
    Hello NoraS ~

It certainly is a big relief to finally get approved for SSDI!

Glad for you!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Congratulations Nora. I can imagine your relief. I still can envision the moment I was approved. I am really happy for you !
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X