Confused and worried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused and worried.

So I am a 23 year old pretty healthy. But for the last 2 years I have just felt unwell. It started with just suddenly being very fatigued, sweating at night, being told I look unwell and just losing so much energy. I went to the doctor and of course got the usual tests, said I was okay. Then I got weird pressure and tension headaches along with all of that, went to doctor referred to neuro and said I probably had occipital neuralgia causing it and gave me a steroid injection. Headaches on and off since then.

Then the twitching started not long after that, was never and hasn't been accompanied by actual muscle damage and weakness so I was cleared of ALS by a neuromuscular last year. But the fatigue continued, never even thought of asking about MS. Since then I get constant numbness when I sit down on my left side that I always have to shake off but just seems weird. When I do exercise my legs vibrate and tingle like crazy. I have a had lower than usual WBC doctor shrugged it off. and just the fatigue which is worse than others at times.

Does any of this sound familiar? Am I going crazy? My aunt who is now passed was diagnosed with MS at age 22.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

baimarsh25,

Welcome to MSWorld. I am sorry to hear you have been feeling abnormal for the last two years. When your new symptoms started, did you see the neurologist again?

Was your WBC count abnormal, or just lower than prior tests? If abnormal, you should push for a follow up blood test and if abnormal again, advocate for yourself and get your doctor to explore cause.

MS does have a genetic component, but is not a true hereditary disease. It may be worth contacting your neuro again for further testing.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I don't try to suggest a dx. I'm not a doctor, or even anything resembling a scienc-y person. MS is difficult to diagnose. Although some are diagnosed quickly, it is not unusual for it to take a number of years to receive an accurate diagnosis. Many other illnesses mimic MS and have similar symptoms. (Hint: Google "MS differential diagnosis").

My suggestion is to keep a symptom journal. Write down what you've already told us and continue to add to it if you experience other unusual or unexplainable symptoms. Then you can take your notebook with you to future doctor visits.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X