possible shorter infusion times are on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible shorter infusion times are on the way

FDA and EMA agree to review shorter infusion time of Roche's Ocrevus.

They are trying to get approval to reduce Ocrelizumab infusion times from 3.5 hours to 2 hours.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...eview-ocrevus/

I hope that gets approved! Between the pre-infusion screening, infusion, and wait time afterward I spend 6 hours in the infusion center.

My last infusion was at the end of February, before all the closings and social distancing. I don’t know how they are handling infusions with all the restrictions. We were sitting with just a couple of feet between chairs back then..

Has anyone had Ocrevus in the last couple of weeks? What was it like?

Comment

I had a rituximab infusion last week. They were only using every other chair and they had all the privacy curtains drawn. The nurses were allowed only one set of PPE per week. That's kinda frightening because they're taking the exposures from all their previous patients to the next one, including chemo patients.

I would like the faster infusion rates as well, but my neurologist tends to be ultra-conservative.

Besides the infusion center, the rest of the complex was nearly vacant.

I wish you well...

Comment

I am also at the infusion center about 6 hrs. It would be wonderful to have a shorter infusion time for me and my DH, he takes and waits on me.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Two-hour Ocrevus Infusion Time Approved for MS Patients in Europe

Two-hour Ocrevus Infusion Time Approved for MS Patients in Europe

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) approved a shorter infusion time for Ocrevus (ocrelizumab), an approved treatment for people with relapsing or primary progressive multiple sclerosis (MS).

The approval follows a positive recommendation from EMA’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), and means that MS patients in the European Union may now be infused with this therapy over two hours twice a year, instead of the 3.5 hours every six months previously required for Ocrevus, easing the burden of administration for patients.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is also reviewing a request the same two-hour, twice yearly Ocrevus infusion process for patients in the U.S. An agency decision is expected by Dec. 14.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...ients-europe/?
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have my next infusion next month and I will be talking to the NP about this and Ofatumumab, both of these are so exciting.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
            X