Aubagio vs Gilenya Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio vs Gilenya Help!

Good Morning. I'm looking to start a new dmd. I'm looking at Aubagio vs Gilenya. I'm just looking for any insight on them both. From what I'm reading Aubagio has less side effects, but the "hair loss" may be a deal breaker for me. I already have blonde, fine hair. Gilenya seems to have more side effects but now I just don't know. Please help if you have any experience! Thanks!

Hi Kittylips1,
    I was on Aubagio for about 6 years and had some hair loss at the beginning but it stopped after a few months. I too had fine hair and it was not noticeable, just on my brush.

Comment

Was that the only side effect you had?

Comment

I'm actually on Mayzent which is Gilenya 2.0 (from how my neuro explained). Take it once daily. In the beginning i had some headaches but since i have felt great! I was on Tysabri and felt very dehydrated and worn out. Since switching, i have gotten a lot of energy back and feel normal (in a sense). I have been on since last July. I was supposed to have MRI to see if any new activity since starting however with all going on i postponed. It may be something to ask your neuro about!
        Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
        Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

Thanks so much for the insight, much appreciated!

Comment

I am not sure what were side effects of Aubagio and just MS stuff like just feeling yuk. I did lose almost 50 pounds though without trying.

Comment

Working...
            X