HELP... Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP... Please

Can somebody please tell me where to go to stop underlining in my posts. I've tried and tried and really need some help please and thank you.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Hi CatMom,

When you open a new thread or reply, above the text are 3 rows in the gray shaded area. In the middle row, 3rd button from the left is a U button. You want to make sure that is not activated. It should be the same color as other buttons. If it is blueish, it is activated. Just click it and it should turn it off.

If this doesn't fix it let us know.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Make sure the you do not see [U] before and after whatever you type.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
        Can somebody please tell me where to go to stop underlining in my posts. I've tried and tried and really need some help please and thank you.
        Jen
        Hi Jen ~

If you still haven't resolved the underline issue:

I found a thread in the Technical Support Forum, which has the suggestion to disable MSN Instant Messenger in your Settings.

Click on your user name on the Black Bar, top of page.

In the dropdown, choose Settings then, under My Settings choose Edit Profile

Then scroll down to Instant Messaging.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

OK i'm trying it now. There is a [U] before and after. What does that mean Bordreaux?

Comment

OK i'm trying it now. There is a [U] before and after. What does that mean Bordreaux?
            Try hitting the U button as described above. It should remove the Us and therefore, the underline.

Anything that appears between the Us will be underlined. The first U indicates the start of underlining and the second U is the end of underlining text. Example of text between the Us
            Kathy

Comment

it means that anything typed between the U's will be underlined.

Comment

Last kick at the can

Comment

Last kick at the can
                  When typing your responses, is the "U" button the same color as the "B" and "I" buttons or does the "U" button appear blue or a darker shade than the other two buttons?
                  Kathy

Comment

I Cat Mom.

I don't have any advice (I am definitely not technically inclined)

I did want to tell you it's really nice to see you posting again. Unless the underline really bothers you I would ignore it and keep posting. I really don't care if it's underlined, misspelled, or in all CAPS...Just keep coming back
                    Diagnosed 1984
                    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post

I did want to tell you it's really nice to see you posting again. Unless the underline really bothers you I would ignore it and keep posting. I really don't care if it's underlined, misspelled, or in all CAPS...Just keep coming back
                      I agree! What you have to say and what you share is more important than the underlined!
                      Another thought is that you could email tech support at technicalsupport@msworld.org to address what you feel is a problem.
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I Cat Mom.

This is the best response.

Comment

I Cat Mom.

Thanks Snoopy, it's good to be back, I missed everyone and as long as the underlining doesn't bother anyone I'll just leave it there.
                          Thanks!
                          Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                            you could email tech support at technicalsupport@msworld.org to address what you feel is a problem.
                            I did take your advice and sent them an email. I'm not sure what's bothering me about this very minor issue which has a very minor fix... it's that I can't figure it out! Besides the underlining adds bulk to the post and some of us who have vision issues can't have this "busyness" on the page.

Thank you again and hopefully I'll get it fixed!

Comment

Cat Mom - look at your last post! No underlining! Yay!
                              What did you do differently?
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X