Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Palmtree I am feeling the stress for you from your wedding time! That is so much at once that i think i would be curled in a ball unable to move. I give credit for making it through! The definition of strength is being able to pull through so much happening at once. Wow!

I think our plan is to cancel the wedding but not tell the venue and go from there. I already messaged another venue just in case the current one does not want to be friendly. My fiance and I have gone through a lot and our wedding plans have been turned around many times. We were engaged in 2014. In 2015 my grandfather passed (who was my father figure). My world crashed around me. I then decided to have a destination wedding as that is what my fiance wanted and i wouldn't do because my grandfather couldn't fly. Two months after his funeral we went to a travel agent to start planning. A month later i was informed if i wanted kids i needed to start as i was developing cancerous cells in my lady parts. So we postponed wedding as i wanted a child badly. After having our daughter we had some difficulty adjusting to parenthood while balancing our relationship and it was a little rocky. When things settled, i was diagnosed with MS. Seeing how my fiance reacted to my diagnosis made me want to marry him the next day. That is when we started this wedding planning. A month ago i had an ectopic pregnancy (this was one in a million odds that my OB told me to play the lotto) and had to have emergency surgery to remove both my tubes. I had surgery the week before NY shut down. I was looking forward to something positive in our lives as it's been hardship after hardship (emotionally). Now to not be able to marry my fiance after 6 years of planning and finally ready, just has been another emotional toll.

However, does not mean my relationship is over. does not mean the wedding won't happen. does not mean the world is over. I'm allowing myself to be upset and then move on and planning my second wedding to my first husband
    Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
    Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

Hello my friends,

Just checking back to see how you're all doing as we weather out this unrelenting storm of covid19.
      I hope you are still playing as safe as you possibly can.

I'm wondering how you're all doing mentally? It has been a challenge for me to keep my spirits up at times. It's day 49 for me and it's getting real old. I guess I need to remind myself of all I feel grateful for (and I do), but some days are harder than others.

Today, I dropped and broke my favorite cup and also a special bowl I got from my mom after she passed away 2 1/2 years ago. Normally I'd let it slide as they are just "things", but I burst into tears. I have also been really snippy at times with my wonderful husband over petty things and that is not like me. I'm a pretty laid back person.

Is it just me? Are other feeling somewhat depressed at times? I try to stay busy, get outside most days, limit my news intake, talk with kids and grandkids which help, but other times I just want to stay in my pj's until the afternoon and stare at nothing -

I caught a snippet of Katy Perry saying she feels a weird sense of uncertainty during this time. And I thought that those of us living with MS live with that almost every day. She says that practicing patience is what is important to her. A good reminder for me!

I think of those of you who are alone, those of you with young children at home, those of you still working and I appreciate your efforts and circumstances. And for those of you who have lost dear one, you have my sympathy.

Please stay safe - especially those of you in states that have eased up restrictions!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Jennaly16 View Post
        Oh Palmtree I am feeling the stress for you from your wedding time! That is so much at once that i think i would be curled in a ball unable to move. I give credit for making it through! The definition of strength is being able to pull through so much happening at once. Wow!

I think our plan is to cancel the wedding but not tell the venue and go from there. I already messaged another venue just in case the current one does not want to be friendly. My fiance and I have gone through a lot and our wedding plans have been turned around many times. We were engaged in 2014. In 2015 my grandfather passed (who was my father figure). My world crashed around me. I then decided to have a destination wedding as that is what my fiance wanted and i wouldn't do because my grandfather couldn't fly. Two months after his funeral we went to a travel agent to start planning. A month later i was informed if i wanted kids i needed to start as i was developing cancerous cells in my lady parts. So we postponed wedding as i wanted a child badly. After having our daughter we had some difficulty adjusting to parenthood while balancing our relationship and it was a little rocky. When things settled, i was diagnosed with MS. Seeing how my fiance reacted to my diagnosis made me want to marry him the next day. That is when we started this wedding planning. A month ago i had an ectopic pregnancy (this was one in a million odds that my OB told me to play the lotto) and had to have emergency surgery to remove both my tubes. I had surgery the week before NY shut down. I was looking forward to something positive in our lives as it's been hardship after hardship (emotionally). Now to not be able to marry my fiance after 6 years of planning and finally ready, just has been another emotional toll.

However, does not mean my relationship is over. does not mean the wedding won't happen. does not mean the world is over. I'm allowing myself to be upset and then move on and planning my second wedding to my first husband
        Thank you so much for understanding what I was going through. I didn’t have a lot of support at the time so hearing your words 40 years later felt really good.

You and your fiancé will have a beautiful wedding when you can. A wedding is only one day. The best wedding is the one that lasts and lasts.

On the bright side this will give you more time to brainstorm some creative wedding. I imagine a small ceremony where you say your vows on a Hawaiian cliff (not too high) over the ocean. As soon as the flowers are thrown the husband and wife jump into the water together. That is sort of what marriage is anyway. (Warning! Do not attempt if you do not know how to swim). I don’t know. A sense of humor can get us through a lot.

I sure hope your venue cancels and you get your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Hello my friends,

Just checking back to see how you're all doing as we weather out this unrelenting storm of covid19.
          I hope you are still playing as safe as you possibly can.

I'm wondering how you're all doing mentally? It has been a challenge for me to keep my spirits up at times. It's day 49 for me and it's getting real old. I guess I need to remind myself of all I feel grateful for (and I do), but some days are harder than others.

Today, I dropped and broke my favorite cup and also a special bowl I got from my mom after she passed away 2 1/2 years ago. Normally I'd let it slide as they are just "things", but I burst into tears. I have also been really snippy at times with my wonderful husband over petty things and that is not like me. I'm a pretty laid back person.

Is it just me? Are other feeling somewhat depressed at times? I try to stay busy, get outside most days, limit my news intake, talk with kids and grandkids which help, but other times I just want to stay in my pj's until the afternoon and stare at nothing -

I caught a snippet of Katy Perry saying she feels a weird sense of uncertainty during this time. And I thought that those of us living with MS live with that almost every day. She says that practicing patience is what is important to her. A good reminder for me!

I think of those of you who are alone, those of you with young children at home, those of you still working and I appreciate your efforts and circumstances. And for those of you who have lost dear one, you have my sympathy.

Please stay safe - especially those of you in states that have eased up restrictions!
          I generally enjoy quiet time inside. But the danger that I anticipated and has sort of materialized is that those of us who are in shelter in place together find that the subtle differences in our personalities are harder to navigate around when there is no escape. So far I have been able to keep all my relationships intact even when some days it feels uncomfortable.

My son was “serving” his shelter in place with his girlfriend at her parents house. He finally went back to his apartment. I don’t meddle in details but I think they got kind of sick of each other.

It’s spite of all of these difficulties. I am still a proponent of remaining in our homes as long as possible. These groups that are protesting don’t realize what a dangerous foe this virus is.

Comment

Italy will slowly ease up the restrictions starting May 4. I just hope that people will still remain concerned enough to follow the rules though I am sure everyone is anxious to have a little more time outside. It has been beautiful here and I am sad that I missed most of spring. I have done OK during the last two months of confinement. One small restaurant started pizza delivery which helped break of the monotony of our diets.

I don't think I have been especially crabby but I have felt down some days. I got a cough and almost panicked but it got better after a couple of days. I will try to go to my son's small village after travel is allowed. He lives an hour away by train. I think we will take a long walk together even though we still won't be able to have our cappuccino together first. Bars and cafe's won't open until June.

Stay safe everyone!

Comment

Seasha - Sorry to hear you have had some days out of sorts. Even though it may not seem it, getting away from routines can be stressful. I know I am missing the face to face time with people and hugging! I had my infusion yesterday and would have normally hugged the one woman I haven't seen in a while, but couldn't.

I also had a meltdown the other day. Like you said, something that normally wouldn't bother me, and my poor husband wasn't sure what it was all about. Thankfully, he recognized I was just in a moment

We are only human. As hard as we may fight to stay upbeat and optimistic, once in a while, we have to let ourselves crack.

Hope you are feeling better.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have been having anxiety a lot lately but I am doing well. I am still making masks for family now and the time fly's by.

It is hard but I keep saying "there are better days a coming."

What I have learned from this is, I will not take things for granted any more.

I hope everyone stays safe and there are better days a coming.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post

Sorry to hear of your anxiety. I wouldn't be surprised if many of us are going through that. There are better days a coming. We're all in this together; we're gonna get through this.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

This is so very true for me also, REG.

Take Care
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have been having anxiety a lot lately but I am doing well.
                      I am so very sorry REG Anxiety seems to be so prevalent during these uncertain times.

May you find the Light within
                      and allow it to guide you
                      May you find the Love within
                      and allow it to transform you
                      May you find the Peace within
                      and allow it to sustain you
                      May you find the Compassion within
                      and know your connection to All...
                      ~ Julie Parker

I am still making masks for family
                      You are a gift and it's wonderful you are doing for others.

Take care
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have been having anxiety a lot lately but I am doing well. I am still making masks for family now and the time fly's by.

Sorry for the anxiety you are feeling. You are not alone though, so many people, with or without MS are experiencing it.

And like you, I will not take things for granted. I can't wait to be able to get together with family and good friends and have a few hugs. I think back on some moments when I went to something not in the mood or feeling overbooked, dragging my feet. To have those moments back.

Also really can't wait for church and community. Virtual is a good option now or ongoing for people who are unable to attend, but I miss being there.

Hang in there.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you Mamabug and yes will are in this together.

Thank you SNOOPY. The poem is beautiful. Just reading it made me feel relaxed

Thank you Pennstater. Yes I am ready for some hugs also.

Thank you Koko and I hope you are feeling better since your meltdown.
                          God Bless Us All

Comment

I get it REG. I think that's what I'm experiencing too in regards to my last post. That and stress. I hope you feel better and you are so right in that there will be better days ahead. When real hugs replace virtual or air hugs!

Breathe, breathe, breathe
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you Mamabug and yes will are in this together.

Thank you SNOOPY. The poem is beautiful. Just reading it made me feel relaxed

Thank you Pennstater. Yes I am ready for some hugs also.

Thank you Koko and I hope you are feeling better since your meltdown.
                              Hey REG, fortunately I haven't had any meltdown yet (knock on wood) - but thank you for the kind thoughts.
                              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry Koko I meant that for Pennstater.

Pennstater I hope you are feeling better.
                                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                                X