Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you and what are you doing with this pandemic stay at home time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
    Sorry Koko I meant that for Pennstater.

Pennstater I hope you are feeling better.
    Yes, thanks Reg53! Trying to be in nature more, even if I am just sitting in it. Hang in there, We will see better days.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you Shesha and I hope you are feeling better
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Jennaly16 View Post
        I have been so stressed and depressed with all of this. I am an essential worker so i continue to go into the office. I have my own so we are able to social distance. It's nice to have some "normalcy" during all this.

My stress is from wedding planning. I'm supposed to get married June 20th and i need to mail out invites next week. The venue will not let us reschedule as they said if they are open and able to have a wedding on June 20th, we lose our deposit since we could have had it. Our Governor just extended staying home until May 15th (live in NY). I don't know what to do and go between risking having the wedding or saying forget it and eat the deposit. My dress is locked up in a bridal shop and guys can't get measured for suits. I've waited 6 years to walk down the aisle and feel like it's slipping away. My bridal shower and bachloerette have already been rescheduled until later this year but really wanted to get married. I know others have it much worse and sounds like such a first world problem however stress is causing my fatigue and i have no energy to do anything. I get home from work and want to just sit on the couch. Even getting dressed has gone from doing my hair, looking professional to jeans, sweatshirt and hair in messy bun.

Outside of stressing, my fiance does all the public errands (store, etc). He is also essential employee. My three year old goes to sitter's house (alone with no other kids) and then comes home. She doesn't understand why she isn't seeing any of our family. She is used to seeing both her grandma's on the weekend and she hasn't seen them in over a month.

The positive part has been using zoom and houseparty to connect with family. At least we can see each other's faces!
        Hi Jennally! I wanted to ask how you're doing with the wedding plans as I've been thinking of you. I've seen on TV some creative ways that others are holding their ceremony. Did you cancel altogether or find a work around?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you for thinking of me (us)!

We did end up moving it to June of next year. After some much drama with our venue we finally came to a mutual understanding and were able to just pick a new date. It's disappointing but silver lining is we have more time to save money and everyone will hopefully be able to come have fun without stressing about COVID.

Now, to stay the same size for a year so the dress fits
          Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
          Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

We did end up moving it to June of next year. After some much drama with our venue we finally came to a mutual understanding and were able to just pick a new date. It's disappointing but silver lining is we have more time to save money and everyone will hopefully be able to come have fun without stressing about COVID.

Glad to hear! May your dress fit for another year

Comment

Glad the venue worked with you! Here's hoping no issues next year and you have a stress free wedding, as stress free as a wedding can be!
              Kathy

Comment

Sounds like a great plan, Jennaly!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Ditto what seasha, Kathy and Koko said. I just have such empathy for all those, during this time, whose major events +weddings, graduations, etc) are affected by the pandemic.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi all~

I'm approaching almost 4 months into this physical distancing time and wondering how it's going for all of you!

I hope you are practicing safe distancing, wearing a mask and all that's required at this time. Our state has seen an uptick of covid 19 cases, but certainly not as bad as some other states. Have any if you been tested yet?

How are you all keeping busy? Have you all cleaned out and organized closets, etc, like I have? LOL Now what to do with all the bags of items to give away? Any projects going on that you've put off for months, years? I did manage to plant my garden again this year even though this was the year I was going to have outside help and had to forgo that idea.

A bit of good news is that our library system has started a curb side pick up for holds! An avid reader here, it's nice not to have to buy so many books online.

It's been a heartbreak not to be physically close to my grandchildren, but I confess, that I got a chance to hug the one who I've been doing part time babysitting for since birth. It was the sweetest moment imaginable. We both wore masks, turned our head and held on for minutes.

Would love to hear how you are all doing? Hanging in there and keeping healthy, I hope!

Comment

Seasha I'm so glad you got to safely hug your grandkids!

My husband and I had been self quarantining and laying low but we were very busy last week. Had a mamagram, a bone density test, and a Neuro appointment. They were appointments that had been rescheduled because of covid.
                      I was kind of nervous but everyone was wearing masks and they were doing temperature checks.
                      A women showed up at the neuro's office without a mask and they told her she wouldn't be seen unless she wore a mask. So she left. I was glad.

I celebrated my 60th birthday on friday with one of my son's and his family. Then had a repeat birthday celebration on the 4th with my other son and his family! I didn't hug anyone. But we were outside, the weather was great both days and I had some awesome races with the grandkids! I was a little disappointed because every one beat me. Even my 3 year old grandson could run faster than my scooter and I had it floored!

And to top it all off I finally had a hair appointment yesterday. Would have been nice if I could have had nice hair before all the appointments and the parties!

Take care everyone! Ei

Comment

DH and I are still staying the course. We did celebrate the 4th. The kids came by and we had a cookout. We kept our distance and stayed outside. It was fun. I am keeping doctors appoint.
                        I always wear a mask.

Stay Well
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

I have to admit that I haven't had much oomph to start or complete tasks during this time.

For end of March through May, I mostly stayed at home, wasted a lot of time, watched a lot of TV. I also put energy into supporting my husband, who was going through some somewhat debilitating anxiety, stress and depression related to major changes in his job. He ended up seeing a therapist, and going on meds and short term disability for a number of those months.

In June, I began going back to the gym to exercise a couple of times during the first week or two.

Then we had the opportunity to go to Canada to visit my daughter's family and we decided that it would be good for both of us. It really was good for us. It was more complicated than we expected because we had been misinformed about Canada's exemption for family members, but we were able to cross the border because of my Canadian citizenship instead.

The Canadian government monitored our quarantine very closely (phone calls, emails and even a visit from the local RCMP) to make sure we were following quarantine guidelines. We worked pretty hard at finding ways to follow their many rules, including staying on their property for 14 days, using the spare bedroom and separate bathroom in the basement, social distancing even during meals, wearing masks when social distancing wasn't possible, etc. We discovered that, although many people use the term, quarantine, it really is a step quite a bit more restrictive than just the stay-at-home orders that we followed in March and April.

Because we stayed in Canada 17 days, we had three days, following the quarantine, when we could scrap many of the strict rules and safely live a more normal life, including bike rides (W/C rides for me) in parks, going to the beach with son-in-law's family (we still social distanced), etc. And, scrapping masks when around my grandsons and giving hugs freely.

At the time of our leaving, our county in Kansas had been very safe (0-1 active cases of COVID) and their province of Manitoba was also very, very safe. So, we felt our risk was low and theirs was too.

We've been home for about a week now. We are quarantined at home now (for 14 days again), due to the international travel. Hubby is able to work because he is an essential service, but is quarantined when off work. He has gone back to his previous duties, at least for now and is awaiting his company looking into his ADA request for reasonable accommodations so he won't need to return to his stressful duties.

When the rest of quarantine is over, I'll look forward to being able to go exercise again, and maybe get out sometimes, safely, with a mask and with social distancing.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have been helping my husband some with the garden, but it is now too hot & humid even early in the morning. I haven't walked early either.

We had been spending more time at our cabin where it is more rural and usually 10 degrees cooler than home. We were getting some spring clean-up done since it was too wet in the spring most of the time.

I had resumed some grocery shopping, some volunteer activities, and errand running. I am cautious with mask always on, sanitizer always with me, and wasg hands as soon as home. Will resume these once 14 day quarantine at home is up due to trip below.

We did take a trip to Outer Banks, hit the beach a little where easy to social distance, and just stayed at the house and pool most of the time. But it was odd going into a convenience store to use facilities while gassing up and people not wearing masks or social distancing! I think I used sanitizer up to the elbows! We probably wouldn't have gone if NC numbers were what they are now. We also took more than normal, our own pillows, sheets, towels.

Trying to finish organizing at home, just not motivated!

Stay well all!
                            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                              Will resume these once 14 day quarantine at home is up due to trip below.

We did take a trip to Outer Banks, hit the beach a little where easy to social distance, and just stayed at the house and pool most of the time. But it was odd going into a convenience store to use facilities while gassing up and people not wearing masks or social distancing! I think I used sanitizer up to the elbows! We probably wouldn't have gone if NC numbers were what they are now. We also took more than normal, our own pillows, sheets, towels.

Trying to finish organizing at home, just not motivated!

Stay well all!
                              You sound a little bit like me. 14 day quarantine (except we had two -- one there and one here), we also went to a beach when we were in Canada, after the quarantine was over (social distanced), we probably wouldn't have gone if we'd known all of the complications (although we're glad we didn't know because it ended up being just what we needed in spite of all that).

And, yeah. Nobody except us in masks in convenience stores, even staff (in Nebraska and South Dakota and North Dakota). I carried a disinfectant wipe in one hand and used it to open doors and for everything I touched. So nothing touched my hands.

And yeah. not motivated at home.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I've gotten out a little bit more, but I'm still trying to distance myself from people. I did take a risk some weeks ago to try my favorite buffet, and it went well. They require masks except while you're eating, and they provide both disposable silverware and gloves to wear when you get your food. You pay as soon as you walk in, and there is hand sanitizer available at several stations. The only contact we had with the glove-wearing staff was when they delivered our drinks and picked up the empty plates.

We were one of the (primarily rural) areas that wasn't hard hit by the virus, but now that everything has opened up it's increasing rapidly. So, we're all back to limiting our outside contacts and keeping our fingers crossed that the governor doesn't decide to shut down again.

My wonderful neighbors stop their car every time they see me on the porch and ask if I need anything from the store.

To entertain myself, I got a pair of binoculars to help me watch the wildlife out back. It's been so hot and humid that even the birds are hiding, but I did get to watch a pair of fawns yesterday morning. They were about 150 yards away, and with the binoculars I was able to count their spots and identify the flowers that were growing behind them. It's making life in a rocking chair so much more interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X