Tysabri and Covid19+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and Covid19+

Hey All,I don’t know about you but I’ve been dying to read an article about a person on Tysabri who has tested positive and been okay. Well, this article arrived in my inbox today. 😌 She tested positive for Covid right after her last infusion (9.5 years on Tysabri) and she’s doing well so far. People’s experiences with Covid can be different BUT I hope her story helps all of you the way it has helped me! I almost skipped my last infusion out of fear. ❤️https://www.msconnection.org/Blog/Ap...=#comment-form
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Thanks for sharing. Makes me feel optimistic.I had my infusion yesterday. There were a few changes at my center. We weren't allowed in until temperature check normal and answered no to questions that would indicate possible covid-19 infection.As soon as we came in, had to wash hands. Gave us surgical mask. Nurse was wearing N95 mask, but since she has to reuse for days, she put a surgical mask on top of that. Of course, she was wearing gloves and changed each patient. She also asked us to turn head and breathe away from her whenever she was doing something, IV, BP check, etc...They had the rooms rearranged so not near others. As soon as someone left, they sanitized the chair.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

That’s great!

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      Thanks for sharing. Makes me feel optimistic.I had my infusion yesterday. There were a few changes at my center. We weren't allowed in until temperature check normal and answered no to questions that would indicate possible covid-19 infection.As soon as we came in, had to wash hands. Gave us surgical mask. Nurse was wearing N95 mask, but since she has to reuse for days, she put a surgical mask on top of that. Of course, she was wearing gloves and changed each patient. She also asked us to turn head and breathe away from her whenever she was doing something, IV, BP check, etc...They had the rooms rearranged so not near others. As soon as someone left, they sanitized the chair.
      So good to see the infusion centers being so careful. Mine was Monday! The second we walk in the bldg they check temperature and you get a sticker saying your temp was ok. At the infusion center everyone wears a mask (our nurses didn’t have on n95 &#128542. My husband couldn’t join me like he usually does so he had to wait in the car. They pulled a curtain around everyone getting infusions and we also had to wash our hands upon entry and when we left. The good news: Chicago was a ghost town. I’ve never seen the city so empty. No cars, no people. 👍👍👍👍
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
        So good to see the infusion centers being so careful. Mine was Monday! The second we walk in the bldg they check temperature and you get a sticker saying your temp was ok. At the infusion center everyone wears a mask (our nurses didn’t have on n95 &#128542. My husband couldn’t join me like he usually does so he had to wait in the car. They pulled a curtain around everyone getting infusions and we also had to wash our hands upon entry and when we left. The good news: Chicago was a ghost town. I’ve never seen the city so empty. No cars, no people. 👍👍👍👍
        Likewise, no guests around. I passed less than 10 cars in my 12 mile commute at the height of rush hour! I hit a patch where it was one lane for emergency utility work. They didn't even have the flaggers out as no traffic. Crazy.

Stay well.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X