Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19 and vision problem

Hi Guys,

It's been a few days since I'm facing difficulty in seeing the long-distance objects. I have been using glasses for a long time and last month I have consulted an ophthalmologist. After doing some tests, he suggested me undergoing laser eye surgery to get a permanent solution. Even the surgery was planned by the starting of April. But I don't think it will be possible due to COVID-19. I'm really worried about my vision. As the self-quarantine days are going most of the ophthalmologists are not available.

I'm not so sure of going outside as well. What will I do guys? Does it will get better after some time. I'm not sure whether its the problem of the glasses I use. Share your suggestions.

Thanks!

Hi Bouselt234 and welcome to MSWorld

Vision problems related to Multiple Sclerosis are not helped with Laser Eye Surgery. If you have Multiple Sclerosis please discuss your vision problems with a knowledgeable Ophthalmologist, or Neurologist, or Neuro-Ophthalmologist.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Vision problems can be caused by so many other factors, some of which might be helped by laser surgery. Yes; be sure to follow Snoopy's advice. But, also, don't assume that your problems are related to MS. That's one of the tricks MS plays on us -- is this MS, or is it something else?

In the meantime, due to the many closures, try to contact your ophtamologist's office and get their input. If the surgery is urgent, they might be considered an essential service and might be able to go ahead with it. It it's not urgent, that might give your mind some peace while you wait for things to change.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        Hi Bouselt234 and welcome to MSWorld Vision problems related to Multiple Sclerosis are not helped with Laser Eye Surgery. If you have Multiple Sclerosis please discuss your vision problems with a knowledgeable Ophthalmologist, or Neurologist, or Neuro-Ophthalmologist.
        Thanks for your suggestion. I have contacted my ophthalmologist. He asked me to have a checkup and I will be consulting hiim soon.

Comment

Working...
        X