Cubii Jr. elliptical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cubii Jr. elliptical

I purchased this handy exercise device a month ago, and thought I'd share my experience.

Like so many, a slow disintegration of my walking ability continues to offer challenges on a daily basis. I loved the elliptical machine at the local fitness center, but I had to give it up 10 years ago. The loss of nerve sensation in the legs has been distressing.

I usually spend at least a couple hours a day at the computer, and I thought this device could possibly help. Amazon had it as a daily special for $184 (normally $250), but I was able to score one for $170 after a trip to the "scratch and dent" warehouse. Add in my prime discount and it was $160.

It has 10 intensity levels, and a tracker for "strides" taken. I started at 1, with 1000 strides forward and then 1000 strides backward, per day, 10,000 strides per week. After a week I moved up to intensity 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. The first week was tough, with lots of stops, but the past three weeks I've flown!

I've noticed my walking movement is "more normal" (or what I remember as normal) when I'm first done, although it diminishes as the day goes on. However, I am getting better each week, and it can't hurt. At least now my time on the computer is productive!

Someone else might find this useful.

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
    I purchased this handy exercise device a month ago, and thought I'd share my experience.

Like so many, a slow disintegration of my walking ability continues to offer challenges on a daily basis. I loved the elliptical machine at the local fitness center, but I had to give it up 10 years ago. The loss of nerve sensation in the legs has been distressing.

I usually spend at least a couple hours a day at the computer, and I thought this device could possibly help. Amazon had it as a daily special for $184 (normally $250), but I was able to score one for $170 after a trip to the "scratch and dent" warehouse. Add in my prime discount and it was $160.

It has 10 intensity levels, and a tracker for "strides" taken. I started at 1, with 1000 strides forward and then 1000 strides backward, per day, 10,000 strides per week. After a week I moved up to intensity 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. The first week was tough, with lots of stops, but the past three weeks I've flown!

I've noticed my walking movement is "more normal" (or what I remember as normal) when I'm first done, although it diminishes as the day goes on. However, I am getting better each week, and it can't hurt. At least now my time on the computer is productive!

Someone else might find this useful.
    Thank you for bringing this exerciser to our attention.

I had not seen it before, so I googled the Cubii jr elliptical, and have now seen how it is used. It does look to be beneficial!

I used to have a pedal exerciser, which I used on the table top for my arms. It was difficult to use for my legs, as my feet wouldn't stay in the straps.

Looks like you got a good deal on your elliptical, and you are getting good exercise with it!

Hope you have continued success with it. Everything we can do to maintain is a plus.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The loss of nerve sensation in the legs has been distressing.

Hi ru4cats,

You used the plural. Have you noticed any increasing of sensation in legs at all? More so with the increase in intensity (resistance?)? I consider pain a sensation and welcome it actually.

I've noticed my walking movement is "more normal" (or what I remember as normal) when I'm first done, although it diminishes as the day goes on. However, I am getting better each week, and it can't hurt.

Are you currently walking without assistance (cane, walker, etc)? Did you or do you have drop foot? Would like to believe it's muscle memory.... Keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Hi ru4cats,

You used the plural. Have you noticed any increasing of sensation in legs at all? More so with the increase in intensity (resistance?)? I consider pain a sensation and welcome it actually.

My nerve sensation is in the sense of the leg moving "normally" (or what I remember as normal) from back to front with a normal gait. I first noticed the change when I went to the local grocery store. It seems to be lasting a bit longer each day, but as with all things MS, that could change tomorrow.

Are you currently walking without assistance (cane, walker, etc)? Did you or do you have drop foot? Would like to believe it's muscle memory.... Keep it going!
        I have had to use assistance with walking since 2014? I started with a 3-wheeler, but I have had to relegate those to the house. I now use a 4-wheeler when I'm out and about. I've never had foot drop. My damaged nerves are those that communicate with my hip flexors, and it has just been a slow decrease in walking ability for 10 years. I sincerely hope it's muscle memory, but who knows. However, my attitude has improved, as I feel I am holding my own and maybe getting a wee bit better. I was getting really discouraged, but that has disappeared.

Comment

However, my attitude has improved, as I feel I am holding my own and maybe getting a wee bit better. I was getting really discouraged, but that has disappeared.

Love this, and understand also! Keep it going ru4cats!

Comment

Thank you ao much! I have been thinking about trying one of these and was just looking at them online. I use a scooter most of the time and really need something to get my legs moving. Glad to hear it has helped. I tried the pedal thing but my feet didn't stay in the straps either!!

Comment

I got one a couple of months ago. Tried a pedal thing and my left foot wouldn't stay in it either. It's been getting harder to get on the stationary bike so I thought I'd give this a try. Use it 5 to 10 min at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X