Guess what we found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what we found?

Near the back of our broom closet, we found an unopened container of Clorox disinfectant wipes from 2011! 😀
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Near the back of our broom closet, we found an unopened container of Clorox disinfectant wipes from 2011! 😀
    My husband came home with six rolls of toilet paper, and I felt like he had returned with a treasure chest! I also scored two loaves of my husband's favorite breakfast bread at the market the other day. Now all I need to find are some eggs! It's just crazy what people are hoarding!

Comment

Such treasures!

I found 2 large unopened packages of Alcohol prep pads (70 % isopropyl alcohol) from when I was on Copaxone! From 2008 and they are still good to use in a pinch.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
        My husband came home with six rolls of toilet paper, and I felt like he had returned with a treasure chest! I also scored two loaves of my husband's favorite breakfast bread at the market the other day. Now all I need to find are some eggs! It's just crazy what people are hoarding!
        Truth. Paper aisles always empty, as are wipes and sanitizer. Thankfully, pretty stocked that way.

But food: butter, eggs, milk, frozen veggies, and chicken always wiped out.

I lucked out yesterday. Went to a local farm store to see about milk. Was able to get all but frozen veggies. Paid more, but can't be picky.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Debbie Downer here!

Don’t Clorox wipes expire? I found an expired box in my closet too. We’re still using them anyways while we wait for the ones we ordered from Amazon to be delivered in May.
          "It matters not how strait the gate,
          How charged with punishments the scroll,
          I am the master of my fate,
          I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
            Don’t Clorox wipes expire? I found an expired box in my closet too. We’re still using them anyways while we wait for the ones we ordered from Amazon to be delivered in May.
            4 drops of Clorox in a 32 oz. spray bottle filled with water will do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
              4 drops of Clorox in a 32 oz. spray bottle filled with water will do the same thing.
              I've read that Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol, put in a spray bottle, also works well to sanitize.

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The hoarding has been the worst part of this. I managed to buy enough TP at the beginning. Dont use that much anyway and have some big bottles of Clorox but cannot find a roll of paper towels anywhere on earth. I beg the world to stop using them for their private moments. A hot wet washcloth is a great substitute and very soothing.

What did we do before hand sanitizer was invented? Way back when(in 2013) someone got the idea for a product to sell, the world can’t remember what we did before. My mom always kept things clean with Clorox, soap and hot water. We turned our old T-shirt’s into rags and washed them in the machine.

If you plan to make your own hand sanitizer with isopropyl alcohol forget it! The stores aren’t even getting shipments. If someone can figure out how to make it right now it would be a blockbuster. In the meantime we will have to settle for 70% whisky.

Comment

Working...
                X