Trobbing Pain - any ideas to help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trobbing Pain - any ideas to help??

I get throbbing pain on the hand below fingers and above wrist which comes often. I've seen doctors and had x-rays, mri's, checked for arthritis. I've tried cbd and even had steroids nothing works. Any one get pain like this and have anything that works for them?

Hi earth2mac

Sorry to hear you are experiencing pain. Have you had a nerve test? Is it constant or does it worsen with specific types of activity? When you say steroids, did you have oral or was it high dose IV to treat a potential MS relapse?
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by earth2mac View Post
      I get throbbing pain on the hand below fingers and above wrist which comes often. I've seen doctors and had x-rays, mri's, checked for arthritis. I've tried cbd and even had steroids nothing works. Any one get pain like this and have anything that works for them?
      Perhaps the pain is related to carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, or arthritis. We use smartphones and computers so much that our hands get overworked. Plus, roofing, cleaning, painting and a million other things. Sometimes, less use, if possible, may lessen the pain overtime. Giving your hands an extended rest may be the only thing that does work but here are a more few ideas from Harvard that may be helpful...

https://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/...ling-hand-pain

Comment

I’ve had this before. Like a tooth ache only in my hand. It lasted for months and like you I went to the Dr and ER more than once. That was 15 years ago. It finally went away on its own and never came back. I wished I had something more helpful for you but just wanted to share anyway. It was in my hand that is compromised by MS.
        Good luck.
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hi earth2mac ~

My left hand has that type of pain on occasion (maybe every 3 months or so), and lasts for about a week.

It is my good (functioning) hand, which I use to hold tight onto my rollator handle, and have to use it for doing everything else too.

I blame it on overuse, or grabbing my walker too tight.

When it hurts, I have to be a bit gentler with it, and not use it to do too much extra.

The pain subsides on it's own, after about a week.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I've had it for years comes and goes for about 7 seconds then goes away. Not arthritis or carpel tunnel - it's been ruled out.

Comment

I've had it for years comes and goes for about 7 seconds then goes away. Not arthritis or carpel tunnel - it's been ruled out.
              Does it happen often during the day? Sudden intense and brief pain can be so unsettling. Especially in hands, I would be dropping everything.

Does your neuro think it is nerve pain? If so, there are some meds that sometimes have success blocking nerve pain. But I think they may also have some strong side effects. I haven't been on any, so no first hand knowledge.

Only other things I can think of is a physical therapist to see if any stretches or exercises could help, or possibly trying accupuncture.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

i tried Gabopentin, Hot Icy Creams and cbd but didn't see any relief. Other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                X