Keeping Optimistic and Upbeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
    My 13 year old son is on the spectrum and he is the funniest kid I've ever met. The things he says every day make me laugh. Here's an example:

He's obsessed with vacuum cleaners. He even got one for his birthday a few years ago. He vacuums every other day. Yesterday, he came downstairs to show me the new vacuum he wants for Easter (not exactly a traditional Easter gift). I told him we didn't need a new vacuum because the one he has works fine. He left the room for a few seconds, came back, and said, "Mom. Did I tell you I'm a vacuum collector"?

My best friend, his Godmother, asks me to send her his funny stories because they make her happy. Same with his grandmother. He puts a smile on my face and spreads happiness everywhere he goes.
    Hi kittysmith

What a blessing to have your son's joyful spirit brighten your daily life!

The vacuum story made me smile too.

Hope you will continue to share your heartwarming and funny stories with us too!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I will

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi kittysmith

What a blessing to have your son's joyful spirit brighten your daily life!

The vacuum story made me smile too.

Hope you will continue to share your heartwarming and funny stories with us too!

Take Care
      I'll share some more here and there. He is the best gift I ever received.

Comment

I love the vacuum story! I could have used him when I had a beige carpet and black-haired dog!

With the weather finally beginning to turn nice, I've been spending more time outside. This is mostly just sitting in a rocker on the back porch watching the dog get tangled up in the daffodils, but I've also begun to dig a few random, shallow holes in my wasted field to plant some perennial wildflowers and try some winter squash. I'm known for my black thumb, and I won't be able to get out there much once it gets hot, so I intend to just plant the seeds and then sit back and see if anything grows.

I've also signed up for some free online classes that are only being offered this month by our state Extension office. I haven't started them yet, but they're subjects that interest me, and I think they'll be fun! Anything to break up the monotony of social distancing while waiting for Disability!

Comment

Working...
        X