What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you streaming?

We had a thread going awhile back with some ideas.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...-Netflix/page1

But there are a lot more streaming platforms available than just Netflix. Hulu, Amazon, etc, etc. And a lot of new options to watch. So let's start a new thread.

What do you recommend?
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I just started watching Self Made.

It's inspired by the life of Madam C. J. Walker.

An African American washerwoman rises from poverty to build a beauty empire and become the first female self-made millionaire. Based on a true story.

A miniseries on Netflix.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have been pretty disappointed with "content" on the two streaming services I have. The free ones or PBS offer as good a selection IMO.

Somehow I started watching "Highway to Heaven" (Netflix). A series from the 80s, guessing from the vehicles and other clues. I never saw it before. Pedestrian scripts, too simple plots, dialogue shows how dated the thing is but most episodes have a dramatic scene or two where the acting stands out. Also some scripts feature actors with various disabilities. They do a pretty good job.

It is nice to see even a few minutes of emotional drama without actors being either overwrought or insubstantial.

Comment

Ozark series season 3 on NETFLIX just released today - March 27, 2020.

Starring:
        Jason Bateman
        Laura Linney

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Somehow I started watching "Highway to Heaven" (Netflix). A series from the 80s, guessing from the vehicles and other clues. I never saw it before. Pedestrian scripts, too simple plots, dialogue shows how dated the thing is but most episodes have a dramatic scene or two where the acting stands out. Also some scripts feature actors with various disabilities. They do a pretty good job.
          I've streamed some of that, too. I remember it from the 80's. Yeah; it's more if a family friendly show than many today. Sometimes the old ones are worth re-watching.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post

Starring:
            Jason Bateman
            Laura Linney
            I haven't watched any of that. I
            like Jason Bateman.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

This isn't really what I was looking for, but ... my daughter said she watched laughing baby videos on YouTube with her kids.

That might be fun!
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post

Starring:
                Jason Bateman
                Laura Linney
                My wife and I have been waiting for season 3 to come out.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

My wife and I have been watching:

Amazon:

Jack Ryan: A really good traditional action series
                  Bosch: Great "Noir" crime crama with an excellen cast

Netflix:

Lost In Space: better than I thought it would be, good characters, totally different spin on Dr. Smith
                  Tiger king: you've got to see it to believe it!

Can't got wrong with the "classics": Dick van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, The Office, Parks and Rec.

We've got through April, maybe May now.

Comment

Just watched Tiger King too - Reminded me of "Making a Murderer" series awhile back.

Do those types really live among us? LOL

Comment

What have you been streaming during COVID?

1. This just came out recently -- not during the earlier lock down time.

Modern Love on Amazon.

It's an anthology series.

It "explores love in all of its complicated and beautiful forms, as well as its effects on the human connection. Each episode brings to life a different story that has been inspired by the newspaper's popular Modern Love column."

The cast includes Tina Fey, Anne Hathaway and others.

Be sure to watch to the end. Episode 8 ties it all together.

2. We're watching Monk reruns. Just seems appropriate since he was taking COVID precautions back then. 😃
                      Last edited by Mamabug; 09-17-2020, 08:47 PM.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm the dinosaur in the group. I've never streamed anything in my life. Don't own a cell phone either. But glad you all are having a good time. I do watch a lot of sitcoms on DVD.
                        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Somehow I started watching "Highway to Heaven" (Netflix).
                          I started streaming that in the past and didn't ever finish the series. Thanks for the reminder. I might need to pick that up again.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
                            I'm the dinosaur in the group. I've never streamed anything in my life. Don't own a cell phone either. But glad you all are having a good time. I do watch a lot of sitcoms on DVD.
                            Watching on DVD is a good alternative. Do you have favorites you recommend?
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                              Watching on DVD is a good alternative. Do you have favorites you recommend?

The Waltons is first on the list. The sitcoms are favorites... anything that makes me laugh. Everybody Loves Raymond, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, The Andy Griffith Show, Mom, Bob's Burgers, Two and a half Men, Grounded for Life, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Still Standing. Just to name a few.
                              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X