This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 million test kits now available, says President Trump

The 14 million number of test kits was given yesterday, March 21 by President Trump at the daily coronavirus briefing.

I'd like to ask anyone tested for COVID-19 how long it took for you to get your test results?

Wishing you the best!

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
    The 14 million number of test kits was given yesterday, March 21 by President Trump at the daily coronavirus briefing.

I'd like to ask anyone tested for COVID-19 how long it took for you to get your test results?

Wishing you the best!
    I took my test in Alabama,Thursday March 19th and haven't heard back from the test site yet.

Comment

🙄

It’s taking days at the Illinois hospital where I work. I’ve seen as little as 3, but up to 5 days.
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

I have had a bad virus for over 3.5 weeks and have been actively seeking testing for 2 weeks. I now have a telemedicine appointment on Monday to see if I qualify for testing. To say that I am frustrated, is an understatement. I have placed myself in isolation in the event I do have it. My testing for other viruses, influenzas and strep throat was all negative. My virus started 2 days after eye surgery under general anesthesia. Testing is not readily available, despite what the president says. I work in healthcare and even then I couldn't access testing readily.

Comment

Wow! Results are taking several days to get!

Thank you for all the replies and comments so far. I believe hearing direct testimony from people testing or trying to get tested gives a better sense of what is happening on the ground in real lives verses talk that seems to promise more than it delivers at times.

Interesting that Senator Rand Paul tested positive today, however, as of a few minutes ago he had not yet indicated what day he got tested. From what folks here have said from their own personal experience it seems likely he was tested days ago but neglected to self-quarantine until the results came today leaving many scrambling since the Senator has been in multiple meetings in the last few days with numerous other Senators.

There is no remote voting in the Senate so it seems to me that legislation could emerge out of the process much differently if fewer Senators were voting. Also, many of the Senators are in the high risk group, being elderly.

KittyCoCo, were you instructed to self-quarantine until your results came back? I would think folks would do so w/o being told, not wanting to jeopardize loved ones or possibly transferring the virus more widely.

To me, the good Senator represents why the virus will become much more onerous in the US than in China or South Korea. Americans are more independent and much less compliant than Chinese obeying best practices, IMO. And, in my view, we are less sophisticated with regards to preparation and national health policy than South Korea or Singapore, JMHO.

I am not offering a political comment; this is a health issue and those are sound reasons why I'm concerned the pandemic will turn out worse here in the US than in those countries.

When this crisis ramps up here in the US, IMO, we will experience deaths in the hundreds of thousands. I am so very, very sorry to be of that opinion. The only reason to express my opinion is that the gravity of it might help sober someone or encourage someone to act more prudently.

I'd rather be guilty of over zealous concern which might preserve lives and health than happy talk which might jeopardize lives.

I believe we can all keep refining our plans for the best results we are able to attain. Other people need you, just as they need me. Let's be sober adults and speak truth to one another and love one another in the process. Everyone is needed. You mean more to your loved ones, to the world, and to me than you could ever know.

Be wise, be safe.

Comment

I read that the illustrious Senator Paul both worked out in the capital gym this morning and swam in the pool.

If only the people who don’t follow the rules were punished then I guess it’d be karma (or whatever), but we will all pay for the continued ignorance of a few. This man is a United States Senator! Also, it takes minutes to get test results in other countries. By the time we get results here we’ve already infected everyone in the house, 5 people in CVS, and 4 health care workers. If you’re asymptomatic you don’t even know you’re doing it.
            "It matters not how strait the gate,
            How charged with punishments the scroll,
            I am the master of my fate,
            I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

My husband was tested on Friday morning. He has had a headache and been fatigued for about a week but no fever. He thought it was just allergies (there is a ton of Oak pollen in the air in central Texas right now) and/or stress since he wasn't running a fever then on Thursday he read about a NFL coach who tested positive and his only symptoms were headache and fatigue with no fever. He contacted our doctor and she had him come in to be tested. She purchased her test kits through a private company. He drove to the office but she suited up in PPE and came out to his car. He tested negative for strep throat and flu and his glands were swollen. She told him it would be 2-14 days to get results because labs are so backed up. She gave him a paper mask and told him to act as if he has it. He's been staying in our bedroom or the home office. I've been making all the meals and he's been eating in the office too. I took Lemtrada in October so I am still immune suppressed. We have been physical distancing even in the house to be safe for a week before he decided to get tested but it's not perfect and you are still moving around in the same house. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's just bad allergies or a cold; I find it hard to believe I wouldn't have picked it up with how contagious it seems to be. Up to 14 days is an awful long time to wait to find out; it's been over a week since he first started feeling bad. He'll probably be better before we find out. I hope his sample doesn't expire before it can be tested; I read that had happened to several first responders in Washington State.
              Take care all!

Comment

Wishing you the best!
                Less than 24 hours for me in Illinois

Comment

Wow! Results are taking several days to get!

Thank you for all the replies and comments so far. I believe hearing direct testimony from people testing or trying to get tested gives a better sense of what is happening on the ground in real lives verses talk that seems to promise more than it delivers at times.

Interesting that Senator Rand Paul tested positive today, however, as of a few minutes ago he had not yet indicated what day he got tested. From what folks here have said from their own personal experience it seems likely he was tested days ago but neglected to self-quarantine until the results came today leaving many scrambling since the Senator has been in multiple meetings in the last few days with numerous other Senators.

There is no remote voting in the Senate so it seems to me that legislation could emerge out of the process much differently if fewer Senators were voting. Also, many of the Senators are in the high risk group, being elderly.

KittyCoCo, were you instructed to self-quarantine until your results came back? I would think folks would do so w/o being told, not wanting to jeopardize loved ones or possibly transferring the virus more widely.

To me, the good Senator represents why the virus will become much more onerous in the US than in China or South Korea. Americans are more independent and much less compliant than Chinese obeying best practices, IMO. And, in my view, we are less sophisticated with regards to preparation and national health policy than South Korea or Singapore, JMHO.

I am not offering a political comment; this is a health issue and those are sound reasons why I'm concerned the pandemic will turn out worse here in the US than in those countries.

When this crisis ramps up here in the US, IMO, we will experience deaths in the hundreds of thousands. I am so very, very sorry to be of that opinion. The only reason to express my opinion is that the gravity of it might help sober someone or encourage someone to act more prudently.

I'd rather be guilty of over zealous concern which might preserve lives and health than happy talk which might jeopardize lives.

I believe we can all keep refining our plans for the best results we are able to attain. Other people need you, just as they need me. Let's be sober adults and speak truth to one another and love one another in the process. Everyone is needed. You mean more to your loved ones, to the world, and to me than you could ever know.

Be wise, be safe.
                  To answer your question Myoak, I wasn't given any instructions to self-quarantine. I should have but I assumed it was common knowledge that I should until the results of my test came back.

Comment

My husband is negative...what a relief. We are in central Texas and got his results first thing this morning so about 72 hours. I asked my doctor how cautious I should be. With this it's so hard to know what is the right amount of caution especially since I am still more vulnerable. She said I should wear a mask if I leave the house and the rest of my family should too if they go places. Her first positive patient is 25-yrs old and has chills and a cough.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueIsTheBest View Post
                      My husband is negative...what a relief.
                      So glad to hear! May you all stay that way.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great news on the negative tests!

Notable that some test results are taking 24 hours and others are taking several days.

KittyCoCo, we hope you have a negative test! Please let us know when you finally get results. That you took the test Thursday and are still waiting on Monday must be stressful. Hang in there! Are you frustrated we seem to stumble our way through even simple matters like test results?

Here in Ohio we are under a 'stay at home' order that expires midnight April 6, so effectively until April 7. I haven't seen the order yet but I understand it is 12 pages long with lots of exceptions.

Take Care!

Comment

KittyCoCo,

Today is the 5th day since you were tested; still no results? Going on two months in this crisis and this is the response? No wonder people are dying waiting for test results...

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...esult-c-759321

In Italy, if you are over 60, they have no ventilator for you...

https://www.armstrongmywire.com/news...uck-rnewsersyn

Can't happen here, right? The truth is we will triage as soon as we must.

Here is the point... do everything humanly possible to avoid infection because you may be much more on your own than you ever imagined.

I would rather you were alarmed than sick or dying.

Be safe and be well!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great news on the negative tests!

Notable that some test results are taking 24 hours and others are taking several days.

KittyCoCo, we hope you have a negative test! Please let us know when you finally get results. That you took the test Thursday and are still waiting on Monday must be stressful. Hang in there! Are you frustrated we seem to stumble our way through even simple matters like test results?

Here in Ohio we are under a 'stay at home' order that expires midnight April 6, so effectively until April 7. I haven't seen the order yet but I understand it is 12 pages long with lots of exception

Take Care!
                            The wait has been stressful. The incompetence in testing and lack of preparation for needed medical supplies by our government means more people will die.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyCoCo View Post
                              The wait has been stressful. The incompetence in testing and lack of preparation for needed medical supplies by our government means more people will die.
                              Hi KittyCoCo,

No word, yet? Well, at least you got tested. You are at 5 days and counting but results will come one of these days, I'm certain.

Here in Ohio, regardless of symptoms, exposure, or any other reason we cannot even get tested unless we are hospitalized or work medically according to editors at the Defiance Crescent News in today's newspaper. Unbelievable! You are so right, many will die that could have been prevented if testing had been available so carriers were identified and quarantined instead of walking around spreading disease.

Apparently, authorities still are incapable of testing for one reason or another and have given up even trying, in Ohio.

Dear God, symptomatic sufferers do not even qualify for testing unless hospitalized in this state?! How insane is that?

We had 14 million test kits 3 days ago and millions more being made every week so let's pat ourselves on the back for that accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                              X