Please Stay Calm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Stay Calm

In Italy things are terrible and the news is always bad. The most important thing for me is to stay calm. There has been so much misinformation that we can get confused and scared. Then when the news is true and horribly bad the misinformation can kick in on top of that and make the stress worse. When I start to worry too much with the "what ifs" I use an app to meditate or watch a movie. I also call my son who is an hour away and alone so I get comfort in knowing he is still OK and he can always make me laugh. I loved Mamabugs toilet paper post!

Anyway, as difficult as it is, it is important to remain as calm as we can using whatever means work for us.

Originally posted by loopey View Post
    Anyway, as difficult as it is, it is important to remain as calm as we can using whatever means work for us.
    Thank you for the reminder loopey.

Things are scary right now, but panic is never helpful.

I listen to music, watch classic movies, engage in learning new things, exercise, pray/meditate, and avoid negativity as much as possible, in order to maintain my mental and emotional balance.

Wishing you and Italy all the best.
    Last edited by KoKo; 03-22-2020, 07:17 AM.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for the reminder loopey. I have been trying to limit my news intake to an hour in the morning and night. But it is hard as even online, every other article is pandemic related, whether the virus itself or the impact it is having on daily life.

I relax in nature, and fortunately, we have plenty of birds, deer, foxes, squirrels, and much to my husband's dismay, groundhogs. They killed my husband's vegetable garden last year!

I am glad to hear that you and your son are both well. Keep laughing. Look forward to more updates.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So happy to hear from you Loopey. Keep us up to date on your life. This seems like a Sci Fi movie gone crazy. I'm keeping to my usual routine which is... riding the couch, waiting for the weather to clear up... binge watching old sitcoms and making just a few phone calls. Of course... keeping current on MS World.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
          In Italy things are terrible and the news is always bad. The most important thing for me is to stay calm. There has been so much misinformation that we can get confused and scared. Then when the news is true and horribly bad the misinformation can kick in on top of that and make the stress worse. When I start to worry too much with the "what ifs" I use an app to meditate or watch a movie. I also call my son who is an hour away and alone so I get comfort in knowing he is still OK and he can always make me laugh. I loved Mamabugs toilet paper post!

Thanks for your tips at staying calm. And humor. I need humor to keep calm and stay positive.

Staying connected us also so important. I'm glad you're keeping in touch with your son.

Thanks for your updates.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good to hear from you, Loopy and thanks for the wise tip!

I'm staying informed, but limiting my intake of news, working outdoors in my gardens and watching the birds, sharing humor, reading some good novels that whisk me away through imagination, spending time to breathe deeply and meditate, doing yoga, and calling family and friends!

Wishing you the best in Italy and keep in touch!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm spending too much time on the news, sharing it with the close relatives who don't watch or read ANY of it, but in between I'm focusing on hobbies and have been able to sit in the sunshine on the porch a few afternoons. I'm lucky enough that once the trees turn green, I'll be able to sit out back and pretend I'm alone in the world (as long as I don't turn my head either way ).

Loopey, I'm glad you're handling this so well. The news we're getting out of Italy is terrifying. Stay safe!

Comment

loopey, I think about you often being in Italy and I pray you and your family stays well.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                X