Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if self quarantined with COVD 19 and even more

I hope you all stay safe and worry free at this difficult time
    I’m wheelchair bounded and facing physical challenges due to ms symptoms , I need help from caregiver or huby to manage my day to day need
    I live in CA so have sheltered at home, have canceled my appointments recents couple weeks and avoid any crowd big/small
    But I am so worried about a situation which I can imagine happening in this ugly time 😡😡
    What if people like me who are not independent , test positive for coronavirus 😡 symptoms are not severe then they are ordered to stay home self quarantined without contact with others in house, even have to sanitize the restroom every time after using it

I can’t stay in a room by myself with no help, caregiver definitely won’t be interested to help and according to guideline , family member can’t be in close contact 😞 so how can I survive self quarantine ???

Hi brave,

I would think you would still have a caregiver. There are alot of people stepping up to help during this crisis. Nurses and aides are working in nursing homes, group homes, and assisted living centers. Your caregiver would have to be really careful, wearing a mask, gloves, handwashing, etc...

I am sorry you have to worry about this. Hoping it never becomes an issue for you.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by brave View Post

I can’t stay in a room by myself with no help, caregiver definitely won’t be interested to help and according to guideline , family member can’t be in close contact 😞 so how can I survive self quarantine ???
      Is there someone you can call to ask? The local county health department, maybe? Or a senior center?

I even wonder about the safety if you staying by yourself and "shelter in place" in your current situation, with physical challenges? Could your place of shelter possibly be in the home of a family member instead of all alone?
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I agree with pennstater. Your caregiver would wear protective gear and washing hands a sanitizing surfaces. No one would let you suffer alone.

Sending prayers to calm your fears.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks for responses

Thank you very much pennstater, Reg53 and Mamabug
          I’m sure my caregiver will stay out of picture in such case (God forbid)
          Her husband has a chronic disease and she is very cautious about coronavirus
          On Monday I’ll call MS society , if anyone available see if they can provide guidance

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X