No announcement yet.

I think we got it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear of worsening symptoms, oceanpride! Do you have testing sites up and running there?
    Sending good thoughts and prayers to both of you and thanks for keeping us posted.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hope today is better for both of you. God Bless.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This just all feels so close to home. Our MSWorld members are kind of like a family. It could happen to anyone.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

oceanpride, I am so sorry you and your wife are so sick. Did you say you have been in touch with your Dr.? I would think he would have you tested, if the test is available

I hope you and your wife are better soon.
          Praying for you
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Thank you all so very much.
            I think we are both doing better this afternoon. Hopefully it was just a very bad flu. It’s just so scary to be sick right now with all that’s going on in the world. We’ve self isolated our selves just to be safe. Yes I feel all like family here. Tests are limited to only those who require medical assistance and were doing alright on our own so far. What ever it is I hope it boosts our immune systems so we don’t catch anything more.
            It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

❤️❤️❤️

Been thinking about you guys. So glad you’re on the upswing.
              "It matters not how strait the gate,
              How charged with punishments the scroll,
              I am the master of my fate,
              I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
                Been thinking about you guys. So glad you’re on the upswing.
                Thank you so much. Any further developments and I will write about them. But for now I think all your well wishes and prayers have worked. Stay safe... if there is such a thing now a days.

Comment

Sorry to hear your illness flared back up on both of you. If it is any consolation, often fevers will get worse at night, so hopefully you are recovering and tonight will be better. Rest, fluids and please keep us updated so we know you are ok.
                  Dx'd : 10/30/2002
                  Started Copaxone 12/16/2002
                  Currently on Rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
                    Thank you so much. Any further developments and I will write about them. But for now I think all your well wishes and prayers have worked. Stay safe... if there is such a thing now a days.
                    oceanpride ~

Continuing well wishes and prayers for you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We're rooting for you!

Take Care
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

What you are describing sure sounds like the real thing. I just read today that people think they are getting better and then it returns worse than ever. It’s really too bad everyone cannot be tested. The good news is that if you know you have had it immune. That would be incredible peace of mind and you (and everyone else) could be of service to others.

Stick together and I pray that neither one of you becomes more serious.

Comment

Yesterday was a slide backwards. Fever returned back and stayed around 100.
                        And the nerve pain was bad as well. Doubled back up on the lyrica and stayed in bed.
                        My wife is better but she is still weak. It’s understandable that me having MS and being on Ocrevus that I would have a harder time with it. Neither one of us is having any difficulty breathing so that’s a plus. What ever this is it’s a very bad dose unlike any other we’ve ever had. My chest is very congested. Hopefully it’s just a slow recovery however after 7 days I’m in a very weakened state. All we can do is try to take a little nourishment and get better. I’m hoping the worst is over.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
                          Hopefully it’s just a slow recovery however after 7 days I’m in a very weakened state. All we can do is try to take a little nourishment and get better. I’m hoping the worst is over.
                          Thanks for the regular updates.

I also encourage you to stay in regular contact with your doctor.

Even if you are not eligible for testing, and even if there's nothing they can do other than recommend continued self isolation, they will be alert to the problem and might be better prepared to jump on it if you take a sudden turn for the worse, or even a slow continued decline.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for the update oceanpride. I have been thinking of you and your wife. Hoping that today is better. Agree with Faith that it is a good idea to keep your doctor informed.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Prayers for both of you. Be well soon.
                              God Bless Us All

Comment

Thinking about you and your wife, Oceanpride. Hope you guys are doing ok today. I hear it’s a bumpy ride of ups and downs...You’ve got cheerleaders rooting for you at msworld!
                                "It matters not how strait the gate,
                                How charged with punishments the scroll,
                                I am the master of my fate,
                                I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X