I think we got it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we got it !

Sunday around 10am started with a dry unrelenting dry cough. Fever started around 5pm. Was bed ridden for over 24 hrs. Fever triggered terrible nerve pain in my back and head for at least another 70 hrs. My wife who never gets anything started coughing Tuesday afternoon and then the fever struck her too. She was bedridden for around 20hrs. We are both up and doing better now. We talked to our primary care Dr yesterday about being tested but he said unless we were in respiratory distress then they wouldn’t test us. Being on Ocrevus I was afraid that it would make it worse but I don’t think it did. All my MS symptoms increased 10 fold while I was sick. My functions are returning now thank goodness. We were very very sick.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Glad to hear you / family now on the upswing. Sounded rough.

Did doc say if you are still contagious?

Comment

No he didn’t say but sent a lyrica perception out for me to combat the resulting nerve pain from the high fever. I’m doing better now but my wife is still not feeling good. It’s a flu unlike any other we’ve ever had. I just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to recover while on Ocrevus
      She has a lingering cough that might mean it’s in her lungs. We’ve never been this sick ever and we’ve been together for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
        Sunday around 10am started with a dry unrelenting dry cough. Fever started around 5pm. Was bed ridden for over 24 hrs. Fever triggered terrible nerve pain in my back and head for at least another 70 hrs. My wife who never gets anything started coughing Tuesday afternoon and then the fever struck her too. She was bedridden for around 20hrs. We are both up and doing better now. We talked to our primary care Dr yesterday about being tested but he said unless we were in respiratory distress then they wouldn’t test us. Being on Ocrevus I was afraid that it would make it worse but I don’t think it did. All my MS symptoms increased 10 fold while I was sick. My functions are returning now thank goodness. We were very very sick.
        oceanpride

Sorry to hear that you and your wife got so very sick.

So glad that you are both up and doing better, thankfully.

I can relate with your MS symptoms increasing 10 fold while sick, as that has happened to me as well, when I had a virus. Very scary, for sure!

Hope you both continue to improve!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry to hear. Can he test you for influenza A/B to rule them out? My sister in law was really sick as well, symptoms similar to yours. She had a flu shot, but was still positive for A.

Either way, I am glad you both feel better. Here is hoping you both keep getting stronger and your wife's cough goes away.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            oceanpride

Sorry to hear that you and your wife got so very sick.

So glad that you are both up and doing better, thankfully.

I can relate with your MS symptoms increasing 10 fold while sick, as that has happened to me as well, when I had a virus. Very scary, for sure!

Hope you both continue to improve!

Take Care
            Thank you KoKo. I hope the worst is over. I just wish that we could be tested.

Comment

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this, but glad you are recovering and the Lyrica helped!

Myoak just posted something today in the Covid 19 thread about the virus and Ocrevus https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...virus-COVID-19

Wishing continued recovery for both you and your wife.
              Take care!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                Sorry to hear. Can he test you for influenza A/B to rule them out? My sister in law was really sick as well, symptoms similar to yours. She had a flu shot, but was still positive for A.

Either way, I am glad you both feel better. Here is hoping you both keep getting stronger and your wife's cough goes away.
                Thank you Penstater obviously it was my T cells that got me through this because my B cells have been depleted now for almost two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this, but glad you are recovering and the Lyrica helped!

Myoak just posted something today in the Covid 19 thread about the virus and Ocrevus https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...virus-COVID-19

Wishing continued recovery for both you and your wife.
                  Take care!
                  Thank you Seasha. If it develops into pneumonia for either one of us then I imagine we will be tested for Corona. I’m thinking they just don’t want to know the real numbers. Either that or they are short on test kits up here.

Comment

I think we got it !
                    Oh my! That really makes me wonder how many people have had it and weren't tested.

I'm glad you're ok.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                      Oh my! That really makes me wonder how many people have had it and weren't tested.

I'm glad you're ok.
                      Thank you for your kind comment. My wife’s fever has gone back up again and my cough and hers is back with a vengeance. We have all the symptoms. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet. It’s been a nightmare the last four days. We’ve tried our best to look after one another. If it persists then we might be in trouble. We’ll have to seek medical help.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride
                        We talked to our primary care Dr yesterday about being tested but he said unless we were in respiratory distress then they wouldn’t test us.
                        That's terrible. Getting to that point would also be much worse if on Ocrevus.

Sorry to hear you and your wife were so sick. Glad you are both doing better!
                        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

My wife’s fever has gone back up again and my cough and hers is back with a vengeance. We have all the symptoms. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet. It’s been a nightmare the last four days. We’ve tried our best to look after one another. If it persists then we might be in trouble. We’ll have to seek medical help.
                          Sorry I missed this and your symptoms are back! I sure hope you both get over this soon.

Hugs and prayers
                          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you for your kind comment. My wife’s fever has gone back up again and my cough and hers is back with a vengeance. We have all the symptoms. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet. It’s been a nightmare the last four days. We’ve tried our best to look after one another. If it persists then we might be in trouble. We’ll have to seek medical help.
                            Yes; I hope you're in phone contact with your doctors so that they can advise you about what to do.

How scary! Please keep us posted.
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks Kimba and Mamabug. We both put in another rough night. It is in our chests now and we are just hoping it doesn’t turn into pneumonia. If it does then I would imagine they’ll have no choice but to test us.

Comment

Working...
                              X