No announcement yet.

I think we got it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all. We are having a rough time trying to get our strength back. It has really knocked us down. I think it looks like I’ve lost 10-12 unaffordable pounds. Still we are not eating much but more than we were. Still have no appetite. Hopefully that will get better and we can gain some strength.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
      Thank you all. We are having a rough time trying to get our strength back. It has really knocked us down. I think it looks like I’ve lost 10-12 unaffordable pounds. Still we are not eating much but more than we were. Still have no appetite. Hopefully that will get better and we can gain some strength.
      Hi oceanpride ~

Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your wife's increased appetite and strength.

Hope you both see improvements, day by day.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So Sorrry

Oceanpride, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling better. I took last week off for my son's spring break. We were supposed to go home to visit family which, of course, we cancelled. The 1st day off, I began running a fever and felt terrible. I ended up at a walk in clinic, per the advice of a nurse on our hospital hotline. I tested negative for flu and strep. Turned out to be a sinus infection. Antibiotics for a week. I was very relieved. It's me, my husband, and my son with 1 bathroom.

I am sending you and your wife some positive vibes. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

oceanpride - I am very sorry you and your wife have been so sick and there is no one who can help you out with food, etc. I hope that you are both finally on the up swing for good. I took Lemtrada in October and my Tcells are still very low so we are being super cautious. We are in central TX and there is so much pollen in the air; it's hard to tell which is what. Sending you positive vibes from way down here.

Comment

KoKo , kittysmith and bluesisthebest. I’m happy to report that for me it’s the very first day I’m feeling better. Kitty I can relate to your paranoia at running a fever at this time. Please bluesisthebest be as careful as you can be. How we caught this has blindsided us. Hopefully as the test kits become more available up here we can and definitely should be tested. I am thinking we survived it. I’m just 60 and my wife is 54. We could see any one with under lying issues having a lot of trouble more than us.
            So for now I am just sending out a great update on the both of us and thanking everyone for being helpful and concerned. A testament that I did it on my own with having PPMS and being on Ocrevus is hope I’m sure for everyone. And maybe it was just a bad flue. If this is the case then we wouldn’t have a prayer in surviving the real thing. Her and I both.

Comment

I’m happy to report that for me it’s the very first day I’m feeling better.
              Good news! Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're feeling better.

This has not sounded like a bad flu; I hope your friends and family aren't minimizing it.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

KoKo , kittysmith and bluesisthebest. I’m happy to report that for me it’s the very first day I’m feeling better. Kitty I can relate to your paranoia at running a fever at this time. Please bluesisthebest be as careful as you can be. How we caught this has blindsided us. Hopefully as the test kits become more available up here we can and definitely should be tested. I am thinking we survived it. I’m just 60 and my wife is 54. We could see any one with under lying issues having a lot of trouble more than us.
                So for now I am just sending out a great update on the both of us and thanking everyone for being helpful and concerned. A testament that I did it on my own with having PPMS and being on Ocrevus is hope I’m sure for everyone. And maybe it was just a bad flue. If this is the case then we wouldn’t have a prayer in surviving the real thing. Her and I both.
                oceanpride ~

It's great to hear that you and your wife are feeling better!

Sounds like you both had quite the battle.

Hope you and your wife continue to improve, and gain your strength back.

Take Care
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good news!

I am so happy to hear you all are doing better!!!

Comment

Hi oceanpride

How are you and your wife feeling?

It's been a week or so since your last update.

Hopefully both of you are much better and getting stronger!

Take Care

Comment

Yes KOKO Thanks. We are all but fully recovered. I still have a cough but my wife’s is all gone and it didn’t settle in her chest quite as much as mine. I have started my spring yard work and can now do a little. It was a night mare for the both of us. We were told by authorities that we didn’t need testing because we hadn’t been traveling. I would imagine we would both test negative now anyway. We self isolated. It makes me wonder how many people had it and got over it on their own and like us will never know for sure. We are quite behind on the times where we live. Only now are they realizing community spreading. Thank you for checking on us.

Comment

Excellent! Enjoy the yard work, but don't overdo it yet!
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                          Excellent! Enjoy the yard work, but don't overdo it yet!
                          Thanks Seasha. I will enjoy it better when it’s done , and we both know from now till freeze up it never all quite gets done. But I am very happy to be able to get it started. I have to pace myself and take many breaks regardless.

Comment

Yes KOKO Thanks. We are all but fully recovered. I still have a cough but my wife’s is all gone and it didn’t settle in her chest quite as much as mine. I have started my spring yard work and can now do a little.
                            This is wonderful to hear, oceanpride!

We were told by authorities that we didn’t need testing because we hadn’t been traveling. I would imagine we would both test negative now anyway. We self isolated. It makes me wonder how many people had it and got over it on their own and like us will never know for sure.
                            I heard on the news that there will be an antibody test, which will show if a person has the antibodies for the virus in their blood (which means that they were exposed to the virus).

The idea is to take the antibodies and inject them into a sick person, in order to help them fight the virus.

Maybe someday you will find out, if the test becomes plentiful.

In any case, so glad that you and your wife have recovered. You are a super member around here!

Take Care

Comment

Yes KoKo. The anti body thing make sense. This virus could theoretically just keep going around and around. The whole world is in a state like we’ve never seen. We can’t hold on for too much longer. I’m not afraid that I can’t look after my family but am afraid that too many are and will do without life’s necessities. With all the help I have got from everybody here at MS world, I will remain hopeful and positive...as best I can.

Comment

The whole world is in a state like we’ve never seen. We can’t hold on for too much longer. I’m not afraid that I can’t look after my family but am afraid that too many are and will do without life’s necessities. With all the help I have got from everybody here at MS world, I will remain hopeful and positive...as best I can.
                                The situation is overwhelming, scary, and stressful, for sure.

I check-in on the news periodically throughout the day, but have to limit how much I take in.

Being well informed is important, but info overload is not beneficial to mental health.

We can only control our own actions. Diverting attention to activities such as you doing your yard work, or for myself taking online French language lessons, will hopefully help to keep us sane.

Saying some prayers doesn't hurt anything either.

Comment

Working...
                                X