Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in self isolation or social distancing amid Covid19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
    I forgot to mention that our Governor is very proactive in dealing with the crisis.
    I, too, live in Ohio. Our Governor has also come under well-founded criticism for actions and inaction regarding the crisis. All the politicians are doing fantastic jobs, we know that because they all tell us as much everyday.

Perhaps, it is best to heed medical experts regarding health issues rather than partisan politicians and the brilliant job they insist they are doing.

This morning it is reported that 4 Senators, two of each major party, dumped stock in January and February immediately after meetings in which they were briefed about COVID-19. While not illegal, it demonstrates some politicians get important information before we, the public do. One of those Senators, already worth an estimated $500 million, dumped some stocks and bought others expected to do well in the crisis we are having.

We know the reported story is true because Senators are required to fill out public disclosure forms. Others, Presidents and Governors, for example, believing they can act above law and ethics often forgo those forms intentionally so we don't know what they have done personally, financially speaking.

The point is this... medical experts have integrity, politicians are a bit more suspect, whether characterized as proactive or not. I prefer to hear what medical experts and patients are saying and doing. We can pat our favorite politicians on the back later. JMHO.

Comment

Are you making changing in your daily lives amid this worldwide virus? Definitely
      Are you staying home more? Definitely
      What ways are you keeping busy while at home? More reading (Bible and other stuff)
      Or are you practicing social distancing while out and about? Definitely
      How have your shopping experiences changed? Definitely
      Going to the gym, churches, Dr appts? no, our church moved completely online, debating seeing my neurologist on Tuesday

Comment

Sadly for America and the suffering we must all endure, there is no central national plan to arrest the spread of COVID by either self-isolation or social distancing. Nationally, we still have not taken this crisis seriously enough. Unfortunately, we will eventually, and likely very, very soon.

At this point, so remarkably late, so remarkably unprepared for the crisis engulfing us I see no better option than shelter in place immediately.

Our failure is colossal. We will soon rocket past Italy both in cases and deaths because we failed to grasp the gravity of the situation .

Instead of learning vitally important, life-saving techniques and procedures from China and South Korea we have ignored them.

We didn't even bother to widely test and still haven't or we would be shocked nearly senseless, IMO.

I think of it like this... a Chinese study presented yesterday said, "We estimate 86% of all infections were undocumented" and "undocumented infections were the infection source for 79% of documented cases." End Quotes
        https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32179701. That means because we did not test extensively and learn who/is was infected, people who are infected but have mild symptoms have been unknowingly spreading the virus all over America for weeks.

To me, that means the virus is here, there, and everywhere in the US and very soon it will literally explode in the number of people hospitalized, dying, and dead.

We have no central national plan as China and South Korea did, as of yet, to mitigate this crisis and perhaps never will. States and locals are scrambling to do the best they can and will do a heroic job. I have tears for what I know is coming, and in truth, is already here. We and our loved ones will suffer the consequences of our lack of preparation. Of that there is no doubt.

Be strong and of good courage. Let's learn from our mistakes, own up to how naive we were and overcome together.

The worst of times often bring out the best in heroic humans. We shall witness many sacrifices and heroic acts in the days, weeks, and months ahead. And, we will be called on for our part, also. Be strong and of good courage. Throughout our history others have had to deal with national challenges. This is our time to rise and face the challenge of our time because we must.

Comment

Working...
        X