To Loopey in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Loopey in Italy

I'm behind on news. Wondering how you are and how things are for you living in Italy. Please let us know, if you haven't done that already.

Love you and thinking about you..

Marti
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti,

Loopey posted an update March 13 here:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...COVID-19/page4

I hope still ok ...
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Still OK

Thank you! We are still OK here.

People are out less and less every day. I still go to the store and the supply is still normal there and we can still get our medications at the pharmacy. People who are out are keeping their distance and following the rules set out for them. We have to take our trash to a piazza several blocks away each day and that is still going well. I have a friend in my building who tried to disinfect her money with an iron and burned up a 20 euro bill. I got a laugh out of that.

Oh, and my cat is getting better every day.

Thank you again for thinking of me!

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
        Thank you! We are still OK here.

People are out less and less every day. I still go to the store and the supply is still normal there and we can still get our medications at the pharmacy. People who are out are keeping their distance and following the rules set out for them. We have to take our trash to a piazza several blocks away each day and that is still going well. I have a friend in my building who tried to disinfect her money with an iron and burned up a 20 euro bill. I got a laugh out of that.

Oh, and my cat is getting better every day.

Thank you again for thinking of me!

So glad to "see" you on MSW. Been thinking of you and hoping you are ok. Strange times, no?
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

I have a friend in my building who tried to disinfect her money with an iron and burned up a 20 euro bill.
          And thanks for the laugh 😁!
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Are you still Ok loopey? Let us know as the news from Italy is frightening.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Are you still Ok loopey? Let us know as the news from Italy is frightening.
              Loopey posted earlier today:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...tic-and-Upbeat
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                Thanks! I missed that.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I really appreciate you thinking of me. Yes, it is terrible here with doctors, nurses and priests getting sick and cases still growing every day. Our older population is particularly vulnerable and large families living together is also an issue.

On a positive note my husband and I are still OK. My son is also OK and I talk to him every day. Also, my cat got a clean bill of health from the vet much to our relief. I really appreciate that the vets keep working too. We are going to Skype with my neighbor tonight. She lives alone and is getting a bit anxious. We will have a glass of prosecco together at the safe Skype distance!

Comment

P.S.

My appointment with my neuro was right before this started and I was stable. My next MRI is scheduled for October and hopefully this will all be over then.

Comment

On a positive note my husband and I are still OK. My son is also OK and I talk to him every day. Also, my cat got a clean bill of health from the vet much to our relief. I really appreciate that the vets keep working too. We are going to Skype with my neighbor tonight. She lives alone and is getting a bit anxious. We will have a glass of prosecco together at the safe Skype distance!
                      Thank you loopey.

It's good to know that you and your family, including your cat, are all OK.

Enjoy your Skype visit and prosecco!

Take Care
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                      X