The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 03-12-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

Not sure what the next few weeks will bring. I'm going to avoid rolling around on the ground with sweaty people until this coronavirus settles down, so no jiu jitsu for me. Keep it going.
    Nice job making a partial goal, Boudreaux and avoiding jiu jitsu sounds like a smart move for now!

Great job also, Mamabug.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....only got 1
      2 three mile runs....1 three and 1 three and a half miles

Such is life. I'm averaging 12k steps a day and putting in a few extra hours at work. I'm also playing around with the rings again, trying to get some more body weight exercises in.
      Great - you got some exercise in, Boudreaux! A lot of steps.

You're moving, and that's really the ultimate goal for everyone.

Not sure what the next few weeks will bring. I'm going to avoid rolling around on the ground with sweaty people until this coronavirus settles down, so no jiu jitsu for me. Keep it going.
      Social distancing is being implemented all over, so the gym might even get closed.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Update: A trainer who works at the therapy center (my beloved pool) just called.

The hospital that runs the therapy center closed it to the public until further notice.

The facility is only open to therapy patients with a script.

Next step may be immediate post operation patients only.

BTW good job Boudreaux this past week and avoiding the jiu jitsu contact is smart.

I'm going to gym (still open) today to get a program of what may be possible at home. I have a few items, may get something from gym and probably order some additional things online.

A new test of self discipline. It is good to break routines. May be hard at first but I suspect it has its own rewards.

But... I'm going to miss the cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          I'm going to gym (still open) today to get a program of what may be possible at home. I have a few items, may get something from gym and probably order some additional things online.

A new test of self discipline. It is good to break routines. May be hard at first but I suspect it has its own rewards.

Sorry about the pool - I know it's important to you.

I'm sure that you'll figure out some new ways to exercise.

Good luck Jer!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Update: A trainer who works at the therapy center (my beloved pool) just called.

The hospital that runs the therapy center closed it to the public until further notice.

The facility is only open to therapy patients with a script.

Next step may be immediate post operation patients only.

BTW good job Boudreaux this past week and avoiding the jiu jitsu contact is smart.

Get your neuro to write a script for aquatic therapy.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Get your neuro to write a script for aquatic therapy.

B.

When my trainer first suggested pool therapy 2+ years ago, I went to my OP, got a script and went to pool. Script was for 4, maybe 5 sessions. Just me and a trainer provided by the therapy center.

She stayed outside pool, 5 other people and I in pool following orders as she cycled through all our exercises. Exercises appeared the same for each of us, regardless of my MS , someone recovering from knee surgery, another obese etc. Very simple stuff IMO.

Maybe 2 months later my Medicare and maybe my supplemental insurance picked up a bill for something like $3600.

Since then the center opened to the public if you were a former patient. My trainer, in pool, goes through a litany of various routines helpful to my issues. I pay her.

Boudreaux, I think you are of a similar frame of mind, and have a hard time with the goverment & our health care ab$urdities.

Comment

Working...
              X