Dental providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental providers

Any people working as dental providers during the coronavirus? I am a dental hygienist taking tecfidera. Wondering who else might be in this position.

Bumping this up, in case anyone has a related comment.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Dental providers

Mamabug
      Thanks for bumping this up. On a social network for Dental Hygienists I was amazed at the number of people with autoimmune diseases such as Crohn's and RA who are on multiple immunosuppressants and still working. Not sure what will happen this week. Dental offices take every precaution. But if you work a few days per week you have lots of exposure to aerosol droplets. I worked last week for 3 hours and that's it for me until I feel safe. I take tecfidera and my CBC is great. My doctor always comments that it looks like I don't take any medication but not taking any chances.
      Hopefully we can get more people on this thread.

Comment

You're welcome. I hope so too.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug

It appears that at this time the Massachusetts Dental Society has recommended that all dental offices close until April 6th. As safe as dental offices are there is just too much risk of spreading the disease due to the close proximity of patients and providers. Also we use ultrasonic equipment and high speed drills that cause lots of aerosol droplets. I worked for 3 hours last Tuesday and that was it for me.Too dangerous.
          Thanks for your responses
          Stay well.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
            It appears that at this time the Massachusetts Dental Society has recommended that all dental offices close until April 6th. As safe as dental offices are there is just too much risk of spreading the disease due to the close proximity of patients and providers. Also we use ultrasonic equipment and high speed drills that cause lots of aerosol droplets. I worked for 3 hours last Tuesday and that was it for me.Too dangerous.
            Thanks for your responses
            Stay well.
            States, all over the US, are initiating common-sense precautions to help with flattening the curve and slowing the spread of COVID 19. I'm glad to hear that your risk will be lowered.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
            X