Anyone have a stroke with m.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a stroke with m.s

Hi I’ve had a stroke and was wondering if anyone had a stroke and how are doing?did you recover?I would like to hear comments

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    Hi I’ve had a stroke and was wondering if anyone had a stroke and how are doing?did you recover?I would like to hear comments
    Hi Carlyle

Are you referring to the stroke you had last year, or have you had a second one (hopefully not a second one)?

I recall that you were having PT at home, if I'm not mistaken. Has PT helped you somewhat?

Let us know how you are getting along. It must be very challenging, in addition to dealing with MS.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi Carlyle

Are you referring to the stroke you had last year, or have you had a second one (hopefully not a second one)?

I recall that you were having PT at home, if I'm not mistaken. Has PT helped you somewhat?

Let us know how you are getting along. It must be very challenging, in addition to dealing with MS.

Take Care
      Hello,I am referring to last year stroke .im using my recumbent when I feel good
      Last edited by KoKo; 03-09-2020, 12:58 AM. Reason: added quote tag

Comment

Hello,I am referring to last year stroke .im using my recumbent when I feel good
        I used to have a recumbent bike too, and used it regularly until I couldn't get on and off of it safely anymore.

It was very helpful for my legs when I was able to use it.

Hope you feel good often, Dave, and are able to use your bike for a long time.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I was, initially, dx as "probable stroke". My symptoms were very stroke-like but it wasn't a stroke. I just had a long path to a diagnosis.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had 5 doctors diagnose me with a series of idiopathic TIA's, but my neurologist now believes that they were just a weird manifestation of MS symptoms. He didn't see me until several years after they'd started, so I don't know what to think.

They fit the definition of TIA's, and by the 6th one I'd had a significant loss of my strength and stamina. It's now been 2 years since my last one, and I've slowly improved. They may have been caused by the MS, but I really don't think they were a part of it. The neuro included them in my official list of diagnoses, so I'm thinking he's not entirely sure, either.

Comment

Hi Carlyle.

I believe regardless of MS recovery from a stroke varies greatly depending on the severity and the person.

I have a long time friend who, at the age of 68, had a mini stroke that affected her speech and a little bit of her mobility. A year later her speech is much better but can revert back when she is frustrated or angry. She and her husband take care of their 3 very young great-grandbabies, this is what keeps her going

There is a 33 year old man I know that had a stroke about 9 months ago and it affected his left side. He is unable to work and has not recovered what he lost

Wishing you all the best in your recovery
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My initial diagnosis was a stroke. They talked about doing a spinal tap, but my first neuro looked at my MRI and said no need you can see it on the MRI. It's MS. And you know that really was not on my Christmas wish list that year, but it came ten days before Christmas when I was 26.

Comment

Working...
                X