The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 03-05-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolutions

I was on the manual treadmill about 20 mins a day and then stretches throughout the day as I could get to them. Also probably about 20 mins of balance, yoga calf raises, heel walks (I typed hell there first LOL) and toe walks daily. Plus 20 minutes of weights twice a week.
    I was finding that because I did my exercise at the end of the day, it sometimes got bumped off due to a lack of time.
    Did some thinking over New Years. I've always been big on resolutions. I now exercise in the am on the treadmill. 30 mins. I bought my manual treadmill on amazon a few years back for about 100. Plus I have a manual stationary bike also from Amazon.
    Also getting on my 3 wheel bike about 4 days a week for 30 mins. This may have to change when it gets hot. Still stretching, doing weights and balance. But making exercise a priority BEFORE housework really really helped.
    So somewhere between 1 hour to 90 mins of exercise a day. My resting pulse has improved a lot. Plus my stress level has improved.

Comment

Hello ratherbereading! Welcome to our Goalposters group!

Originally posted by ratherbereading View Post
      I was finding that because I did my exercise at the end of the day, it sometimes got bumped off due to a lack of time.
      Did some thinking over New Years. I've always been big on resolutions. I now exercise in the am on the treadmill. 30 mins.
      I exercise in the morning too, because that is my 'prime time' - the time when I have the best energy.

I bought my manual treadmill on amazon a few years back for about 100. Plus I have a manual stationary bike also from Amazon.
      Also getting on my 3 wheel bike about 4 days a week for 30 mins. This may have to change when it gets hot. Still stretching, doing weights and balance. But making exercise a priority BEFORE housework really really helped.
      So somewhere between 1 hour to 90 mins of exercise a day. My resting pulse has improved a lot. Plus my stress level has improved.
      Looks like a terrific workout routine!

But making exercise a priority BEFORE housework really really helped.
      Housework is considered exercise as well.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

rbr!

Welcome to the thread. Hope to see you as best as your schedule allows. And congratulations with the time you are putting in. As mentioned, it does pay off in many ways.

Again... Welcome to our troop errr, Group!

Comment

Welcome ratherbereading!!

Sometimes I'd rather be reading too! But this group helps me keep my focus and motivation to staying with a plan. Yikes - a hour to 20 mins sound terrific. Good for you!

We're glad you are joining us.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome to the group RBR. Getting it done first thing is a sure way to win the day. Keep it going.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Welcome, RatherBeRading. Here's a link to our new thread.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...-in-03-12-2020

Also, please feel free to introduce yourself here:
              https://www.msworld.org/forum/forumd...About-Yourself!
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X