• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters Exercise Check-in 2-20-2920

5 checked in this last week.

3 met goals.
    2 didn't make goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi everyone

Exercises, stretches, and walking/moving about in general all went very well this week, and I was able to accomplish my goals.

I feel much gratitude for the abilities that I do have to work with.

I enjoy my exercise time, as it helps me to feel that I still have some control over my body. Not only does my body feel better, but my mind and mood/spirit feel better also.

Will keep the same goals, at this time.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk/Stand with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, and Lower Back Exercises

Good energy and perseverance to all.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Awesome Koko.

I was able to accomplish my Jiu Jitsu goal- two training sessions.
      I missed my run goal- zero out of two runs.
      Hit my yoga goal- two good stretch sessions.

Lagniappe- I was also able to get two days in the gym and hit the weights.

Concerning the diet....I started the carnivore diet Monday. Meat, eggs and hard cheeses. That's it, nothing else except kauphy, can't geaux without it. My plan is to do this for at least 30 days.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Great job KoKo and Boudreaux!

I only made 4 out of my goal 5 days of exercise. Probably cuz I wasn't well enough to babysit one morning.

I did manage to finish washing the rest of our birch wood cabinets in kitchen, did some PT exercises, went to yoga class with added stretching and poses at home. Also went on a short walk with trekking poles and vacuumed 1 bedroom.

Will try for 5x next week.

Boudreaux - why this diet - if I might ask? I couldn't live without my veggies!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

I was able to accomplish my Jiu Jitsu goal- two training sessions.
          I missed my run goal- zero out of two runs.
          Hit my yoga goal- two good stretch sessions.

Lagniappe- I was also able to get two days in the gym and hit the weights.
          Nice effort Boudreaux!

Concerning the diet....I started the carnivore diet Monday. Meat, eggs and hard cheeses. That's it, nothing else except kauphy, can't geaux without it. My plan is to do this for at least 30 days.
          This looks like a keto type diet, which is very popular and effective for burning off fat fairly quickly. Good luck!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I did manage to finish washing the rest of our birch wood cabinets in kitchen, did some PT exercises, went to yoga class with added stretching and poses at home. Also went on a short walk with trekking poles and vacuumed 1 bedroom.
            Looks like a solid, physically active week, Seasha!

Comment

I've heard lots of good things about, not just carnivore, all extremely restrictive diets for short term gains. For me it's an exercise in discipline, to see if I can do it for 30 days. Strange, it's about 180 degrees from the diet I started with for MS. The Swank Diet.

Comment

Welcome TJean, hope you saw Seasha's link!

And congratulations to KoKo, Seasha and Boudreaux. This looks like a great week for all. My success was mostly mental this time around.

The successes this week:

2x week = 30 & 35 minutes; mixed cardio.
                5x week = stretching with wrist wts.
                1x week = 130 sit-ups on decline bench on a slight angle
                1x week = 60 crunches
                5x week = glass of Merlot ;-)

Monday: suppose to be strength / lower body, but on Sunday, simply standing to watch last 10 minutes of a program before bed... good leg developed severe cramps. Felt like a hyperextended calf muscle. A bit better on Monday but still took it easy. Showing up counts for something, but not a good session.

Tuesday: Dexterity movements @ pool. Fair.

Thursday: For the most part a poor arm day. Could do half of what I normally do. So-so ROM. So-so strength too.

So I woke this AM a bit recharged and a bit resigned that there will be poor days / weeks and I'm the only one who can adjust my attitude (trainer turning cheerleader is nice too!). Mamabug, I know that you mentioned what could be called a blah week also. You're not alone.

And Boudreaux good luck with that diet and the discipline needed.

Comment

Looks like a good week, Jer and love the glasses of Merlot successes

Hope this next week is supercharged for you!

And Mamabug, hope you are having a better week! Maybe rethink and re-adjust your goals for the week. This is something you have always stressed in the past for us Works for me.

Boudreaux
                  ah yes - definitely 180 from Swank's diet! Tried that for a couple years in the distant past. Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    The successes this week:

2x week = 30 & 35 minutes; mixed cardio.
                    5x week = stretching with wrist wts.
                    1x week = 130 sit-ups on decline bench on a slight angle
                    1x week = 60 crunches!).
                    Real nice variety of successes, Jer!

So I woke this AM a bit recharged and a bit resigned that there will be poor days / weeks and I'm the only one who can adjust my attitude (trainer turning cheerleader is nice too!).
                    I guess we're only responsible for our efforts, Jer (and the desire to adjust our attitude as well).

Unfortunately, we can't always control the outcome of our efforts.

From my perspective, you deserve an A+ for effort.

PS - Hope your muscle cramps have eased up.

Comment

Partial goal.

Total steps = 11,216 Avg steps = 1602 steps per day
                      Exercised 4x this week:
                      - Chair Yoga
                      - Strong Seniors
                      - Silver Sneakers
                      - PT at home (1x)

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

And Mamabug, hope you are having a better week! Maybe rethink and re-adjust your goals for the week. This is something you have always stressed in the past for us Works for me.
                      Thanks for the suggestion, Seasha. Maybe I will. There doesn't seem to be any reason that I can't meet my current goal, yet I'm not doing it. I think maybe I'm more focused on trying to add The Wahls Protocol to the Dr. G protocol I'm already doing. I've also added an hour of daily sauna. Maybe it's just too hard to focus on all of these strategies at once and I'll be able to work up to including them.

Original goals:
                      1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
                      2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
                      - Include both some cardio (Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike, etc) and some strength training (Strong Seniors, PT, etc).

Modified goals:
                      1. Average of 1,600 steps per day.
                      2. Exercise at least 3 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
                      - Include both some cardio (Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike, etc) and some strength training (Strong Seniors, PT, etc).
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        Modified goals:
                        1. Average of 1,600 steps per day.
                        2. Exercise at least 3 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
                        It's great you made your goal and even better for modifying them for next week! Good luck - I have Faith in you

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          Total steps = 11,216 Avg steps = 1602 steps per day
                          Exercised 4x this week:
                          - Chair Yoga
                          - Strong Seniors
                          - Silver Sneakers
                          - PT at home (1x))
                          Great job on accomplishing your partial goal, Mamabug!

Good luck for next week's goal!

Comment

I missed my run goal- zero out of two runs
                            B,

Twice this week, national news reported on flooding / excessive rains rolling through Mississippi and into Tennessee, have you been inundated with rain? News mentioned the Pearl river, with some drone footage too.

Just noticed the running goal was missed and was wondering.... Hope all is well!

J

Comment

B,

Twice this week, national news reported on flooding / excessive rains rolling through Mississippi and into Tennessee, have you been inundated with rain? News mentioned the Pearl river, with some drone footage too.

Just noticed the running goal was missed and was wondering.... Hope all is well!

J
                              It has been raining a lot since mid December and it has played a role in outdoor activities. Other than the truck being dirty and the lawn out of control all is well. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X