Inflammatory arthritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflammatory arthritis

I developed inflammatory arthritis in my right foot 4 days after my Tysabri infusion. All my providers are very confused. They are starting me on Plaquenil for the inflammation. I'm not seeing a lot on the internet about this sort of reaction to Tysabri. All my blood work is negative for RA, gout, etc. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

Here is a case of rheumatoid arthritis being linked to Tysabri:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...11034820300122

Have you seen a rheumatologist?
    Patients with inflammatory arthritis should be promptly referred to a rheumatology for further evaluation.

Negative bloodwork does not exclude rheumatoid arthritis. Patients who lack both RF and anti-CCP antibodies may be diagnosed with RA based upon findings otherwise characteristic of RA.

I hope Plaquenil helps and your inflammatory arthritis resolves soon, with no further issues.

Best wishes and please keep us updated.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by KatW View Post
      I developed inflammatory arthritis in my right foot 4 days after my Tysabri infusion. All my providers are very confused. They are starting me on Plaquenil for the inflammation. I'm not seeing a lot on the internet about this sort of reaction to Tysabri. All my blood work is negative for RA, gout, etc. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?
      Hi Kat - I remember last month you were on Prednisone for your foot. I am guessing it didn't resolve and now diagnosed with arthritis, but that they ruled out RA? You have been on Tysabri for a little while. Have you had other issues?

I do have arthritis in knees and hip, but not Tysabri related. Both started before and just age related. Come by it naturally - both parents had it.

What are they recommending you do? Will you stay on Tysabri?

Hope the inflammation resolves for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. The rheumy thought it was RA but everything was completely normal even my inflammation labs. She is excluding RA because it is only on one side. The Tysabri is on hold for now until we figure out what is going on. I'm taking myself to a dermatologist to rule out psoriasis. I thought osteoarthritis too but she sees inflammation in the joints. We are just doing Plaquenil for now since it will not react with the Tysabri.

Comment

I have had Arthritis

Since I started Tysabri in 2013, I have had “flares” of Arthritis. I was tested for RA as well....it was all negative to include bloodwork, xrays and CT. It is in my hands and arms and I go through true flares. Could be aging....I am now 56, but my docs do feel it could be related to the TY. But it certainly not bad enough to come off the drug yet. 🌹🌹🌹
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

KatW, I hope your issues are being resolved.
            Best wishes,
            Linda
            Linda

Comment

Pennstater

Hi Kathy,

A few days ago I started having pain (on and off) in my left hip. Arthritis ?? I will see my PCP in a few weeks - regular appt. A friend said "hip replacement" Your post sounds like it is something you just live with..true?

Thanks
              Linda
              Linda

Comment

Linda, and others.

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
                Hi Kathy,

A few days ago I started having pain (on and off) in my left hip. Arthritis ?? I will see my PCP in a few weeks - regular appt. A friend said "hip replacement" Your post sounds like it is something you just live with..true?

Thanks
                Linda
                I have severe arthritis. I am not on Tysabri. Inflammation is common with MS. It has improved greatly following the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet. Enough that I came off my arthritis medicine (thought that would never happen.) I have had to have my hip replaced. I could not sleep and barely could walk because of the hip pain. I was on Percocet two pills about evry 6 hours, and still could not sleep. I did well after hip surgery. Maybe a little slower then someone that doesn't have MS. But, so easy as compared to years ago.

Mary
                God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I'm currently on Plaquenil for arthritis. I'd like to switch my medication to Rituxan or Ocrevus. I think they are pretty similar and will treat both conditions.

Comment

Working...
                  X