• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 02/06/2020

5 checked in this last week.

3 met goals.
    1 met partial goals.
    1 didn't make goals.

Maybe I'll post a list of all of the team name suggestions and we can vote. I'll try to do that today, or this week, or sometime.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Met partial goals

Total steps = 12,711 Avg steps = 1815 per day
    Exercised 5x this week:
    - Chair Yoga 2x
    - Strong Seniors 1x
    - PT at home 2x

I didn't quite make 2000 step average per day so it's a partial goal, but I feel OK about it.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    - Include both some cardio (Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike, etc) and some strength training (Strong Seniors, PT, etc).
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Name suggestions

Here's a list. I hope I got them all. If I missed a suggestion or if you have an additional idea, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. Does anybody want to vote? The vote might not be a final count, but an opportunity to rule in the favorites and then we can decide.

Ministry of Stumble Feet

Ministry of Stumble Feat

MS Feet

MS Feat

Daytrippers

Team Effort

Team _________ (somebody can fill in the blank if you have an additional idea)

Goalposts

Busy Bodies

Preservation Society

Body Works
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'll go with Daytrippers.

Great job Mamabug, 5 days of exercise is a good week.

I'll say I didn't meet goals.

I got my 2 days of Jiu Jitsu in but missed the run and yoga goal.

Missing my exercise goals is not that big of a deal when I know its because I have other priorities that take place within my exercise window of opportunity. What really has me upset is my total lack of discipline concerning my diet. I've been slipping and not only the scale but the way my britches fit show it. I need to tighten up.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Nice try Mamabug and Boudreaux!

I only made a partial goal in that I really failed doing my PT exercises. I was so busy with company over the weekend that I laid around in my PJ's on Monday. But, I did help babysat twice and did some cleaning before company. I

I also laid around Wed and didn't even make my yoga class, so did a little at home 3x.

We have had sooo much rain- bad enough for area wide flooding! The wet weather is not my friend as I feel really weighted down during low pressure systems.

I vote for Goalposters instead of Goalposts. Daytrippers reminds me of an old Beatles song - I always it was a drug song. ???

Hope to do better for next week.
          Keep moving all!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I vote for Goalposters instead of Goalposts.
            Me too.

The term Goalposters nicely describes our weekly check-ins.

But also the words goal/goalpost are athletic terms used in various sports such as football, hockey, soccer, polo, etc.

With the amount of effort we have to put into accomplishing our exercise workout goals, we might just as well view ourselves as (pseudo) athletes.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Accomplished Goals

Hello everyone

Partial goals are still accomplishments, especially when fatigue or other demands of life get in the way. Great efforts Mamabug, Seasha, Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              What really has me upset is my total lack of discipline concerning my diet. I've been slipping and not only the scale but the way my britches fit show it. I need to tighten up.
              Boudreaux, Good luck with getting your diet back on track. If it will help, I'll gladly take some of your extra pounds!

I accomplished my goals and am most grateful for that. I do well in the early part of the day, and would absolutely love having the same energy level throughout the day. I'm trying different strategies to make this happen. Might be just the darn nature of MS, though.

I'm staying with the same goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk/Stand with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, and Lower Back Exercises

Good energy, perseverance, and peace of mind to all.
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                I'll gladly take some of your extra pounds!
                Not sure it works like that but thanks for the offer.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Glad all made the best effort they could. I get more opportunity without family obligations. Boudreaux & Seasha had other priorities this week, next week is guesswork now but exercise could jump to the top of the list.

Kudos to Mamabug & KoKo for meeting their goals for the week.

I did well this week, a bit different.…

2x week = 30 minutes Of Cardio (mixed) each.
                  5x week = stretching with wrist wts.
                  2x week = ab “cross something,” decline bench on a slight angle (right elbow touch left knee, left elbow etc.) 20 each time, never quite touched, more “in the direction of” (KoKo: aka a variation on crunches... very hard!!)

Normal Monday: strength, lower body, a little different. Tuesday: dancing (don’t ask) @ pool, Thursday: excellent arm day! With mixed reps but generally with extra weight which improved ROM! And Seasha: despite cold / rainy low pressure system!? I'll never understand.

Also Seasha, I had to youtube "Daytripper" lyrics. No drug reference but no real tie-in to MS / exercise other than the name play, which I liked.

So… at the top of the page, following The Wellness Room • The Goal Posters Exercise check in 00/00/2020.

The wording hints at athleticism, at posting our goals, identifies our group as believing in exercise. Like BusyBodies but without the negative wordplay. Really any variation of any name works for me!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  ...discipline concerning my diet. I've been slipping and not only the scale but the way my britches fit show it. I need to tighten up.

B; Discipline, yeah, another good reason for posting goals.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    I did well this week, a bit different.…

2x week = 30 minutes Of Cardio (mixed) each.
                    5x week = stretching with wrist wts.
                    2x week = ab “cross something,” decline bench on a slight angle (right elbow touch left knee, left elbow etc.) 20 each time, never quite touched, more “in the direction of” (KoKo: aka a variation on crunches... very hard!!)

Normal Monday: strength, lower body, a little different. Tuesday: dancing (don’t ask) @ pool, Thursday: excellent arm day! With mixed reps but generally with extra weight which improved ROM!
                    Hi Jer, yes you certainly did do well - very well!

They are very hard! I attempt those only when I'm feeling spunky.

Comment

Discipline, yeah, another good reason for posting goals.
                      Yes, this too! Way to go Jer

Comment

Almost unanimous. And I like the Goal Posters variation in Goalposts. I'm not a post; I'm a poster.

And; yeah. I was thinking what Jer said. To put it in our weekly thread title:

The Goal Posters Exercise check in 00/00/2020.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hello, I would really like to join you Goal Posters, please

Comment

Hi TJean! We're glad you want to join in! The new thread starts every Thursday and here's the latest one just posted today- https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...-in-02-13-2020

We each set a goal for the following week based on one's ability and next Thurs (2/20) we all check in again.

Comment

Originally posted by TJean View Post
                              Hello, I would really like to join you Goal Posters, please
                              Please join us! Sorry; I missed your post.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X