Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I am 4 weeks post-op.

As of Monday Feb. 24th PT has started to transition me from the walker to my trekking poles. At this time the poles are for in house use only until I start to improve a bit more with strength...I have a small bit of knee buckling on occasion. This isn't a concern per my PT. My ROM for bending is 115, goal is 120 or above.

I had my 4 week follow-up with my surgeon's PA on Wed. Feb. 26th. She was quite pleased with my progress and said I was above the curve (I'll take it!). I don't use anything for pain (Opioids or Tylenol). I have found muscle spasms to be quite severe at times in that leg. I use Baclofen and/or Tizanidine when needed.

I am using a recumbent bike in PT for 8 minutes along with a bunch of other exercises. It's usually awhile after PT that I notice most of the muscle spasms which I think is to be expected, but man they hurt. I continue the PT exercises at home as well.

I still have the consistent numbness, bilaterally, in thumbs and index fingers.

I had a follow-up with my PCP on Friday, Feb. 28. She was quite pleased with how I am doing especially having MS. Her mother has MS and understands this disease.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks for the update, Snoopy

Sounds like everything is going good, and better yet..Great for you!
      Of course, it takes time to rebuild muscle strength as well, but it sounds like you are doing all you can to rebuild. Keep it going!

I'm surprised they haven't nominated you for the knee surgery poster woman with MS. lol
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        I am 4 weeks post-op.

As of Monday Feb. 24th PT has started to transition me from the walker to my trekking poles. At this time the poles are for in house use only until I start to improve a bit more with strength...I have a small bit of knee buckling on occasion. This isn't a concern per my PT. My ROM for bending is 115, goal is 120 or above.

I had my 4 week follow-up with my surgeon's PA on Wed. Feb. 26th. She was quite pleased with my progress and said I was above the curve (I'll take it!). I don't use anything for pain (Opioids or Tylenol). I have found muscle spasms to be quite severe at times in that leg. I use Baclofen and/or Tizanidine when needed.

I am using a recumbent bike in PT for 8 minutes along with a bunch of other exercises. It's usually awhile after PT that I notice most of the muscle spasms which I think is to be expected, but man they hurt. I continue the PT exercises at home as well.

I still have the consistent numbness, bilaterally, in thumbs and index fingers.

I had a follow-up with my PCP on Friday, Feb. 28. She was quite pleased with how I am doing especially having MS. Her mother has MS and understands this disease.
        Thanks for letting us know how you're doing, SNOOPY!

Your progress sounds encouraging!

Wishing you continued success in your recovery.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

She was quite pleased with my progress and said I was above the curve (I'll take it!).

Hey Snoopy! You're my hero! Pretty sure you are correct regarding the twitch / muscle spasm post PT. Sorry about the Pain.

Her mother has MS and understands this disease.

I'm not sure anyone really understands this disease, but am OK with true empathy.

Comment

Great to hear Snoopy. Hope you stay above the curve. Sending good wishes for continued healing.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm often slightly in awe of those of you who maintain an update attitude and who persevere, after additional challenges such as surgery, etc. MS is enough of a challenge by itself!
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So glad you are keeping positive! Hang onto that good attitude Snoop. And keep us all informed on your progress. It's a good boost for the rest of us.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X