P2 of REPAIR-MS clinical trial is now LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P2 of REPAIR-MS clinical trial is now LIVE

The first participant has been dosed in the Phase 2 REPAIR-MS clinical trial examining the effects of CNM-Au8, Clene Nanomedicine‘s investigational remyelinating therapy, on brain metabolism in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), the company announced.

CNM-Au8 is a solution of gold nanoparticles with a particular crystal structure that can help facilitate certain chemical reactions within cells. It can also promote the activation of oligodendrocytes, the cells responsible for producing myelin.

Preclinical data in animal models of MS suggested that CNM-Au8 is able to induce remyelination, and preliminary clinical studies in healthy volunteers indicated the medication has a good safety profile.

REPAIR-MS (NCT03993171) is an open-label Phase 2 trial sponsored by Clene to assess the safety, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties, and metabolic effects of CNM-Au8 in 24 adults with relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) diagnosed in the past 15 years.

Full story available here:
    https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...peutic-cnm-au8

This is really big stuff. I’m not much at following links and the like but sure hope that someone does so they can put it up here so that people like me can stay tuned. Thanks
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Injecting gold could repair MS?

/snark So more proof that just throwing money at medical problems is the solution.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
      X