Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical ?...

Hi Moderators....

I'm part of the exercise group. We check in weekly to note our progress and adjust old or set new goals. It's a way of keeping track of what you're doing as well as what others do. I have "lifted" and adjusted some of what others do just to add variety to my stuff. If you want to join in it's kinda fun, plus it's cognitive, remembering what you did and beginning to understand goal setting (thanks Mamabug!).... Oh, we cheerlead a bit too!

Anyhow, enough of that.

Sometimes I see in the exercise thread a "reply with quote" and the person replies using parts of 2 or more posts with their comments in between. If I try to toggle between the reply I am typing and the thread (to retrieve something additional from another post), I loose my original & need to begin again, never to achieve more than one "reply with quote".

What am I doing wrong?

Jer I'm on a MacBook Air, if OS matters.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
    Hi Moderators....

I'm part of the exercise group. We check in weekly to note our progress and adjust old or set new goals. It's a way of keeping track of what you're doing as well as what others do. I have "lifted" and adjusted some of what others do just to add variety to my stuff. If you want to join in it's kinda fun, plus it's cognitive, remembering what you did and beginning to understand goal setting (thanks Mamabug!).... Oh, we cheerlead a bit too!

Anyhow, enough of that.

Sometimes I see in the exercise thread a "reply with quote" and the person replies using parts of 2 or more posts with their comments in between. If I try to toggle between the reply I am typing and the thread (to retrieve something additional from another post), I loose my original & need to begin again, never to achieve more than one "reply with quote".

What am I doing wrong?

Jer I'm on a MacBook Air, if OS matters.
    To quote more than one poster's comment in the same thread, I open that thread in another tab too, so I have 2 separate tabs with the same thread.

Then I copy the quotes that I want from the thread in my 2nd tab, and paste it into my reply in the 1st thread.

Is that what you mean Jer?
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      To quote more than one poster's comment in the same thread, I open that thread in another tab too, so I have 2 separate tabs with the same thread.
      Here comes the part where you get to see how computer illiterate I apparently am....

What's a tab? Where / when is a tab offered?

I can open a entire new window and navigate to the thread and probably do what is needed.... But that seems too involved.

Comment

window = tab
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Jer --

When I post two different quotes, I start my post with one quote.

Then I also open a separate tab with the second quote and copy paste it into my post, like Koko said.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            window = tab
            Thanks very much Boudreaux! Was hoping for a quick fix.

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Here comes the part where you get to see how computer illiterate I apparently am....

What's a tab? Where / when is a tab offered?

I can open a entire new window and navigate to the thread and probably do what is needed.... But that seems too involved.
              I purposely didn't use the word Windows, since you have a Mac.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
              X