• Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 01-16-2020

5 checked in this last week.

3 met goals.
    2 met partial goals.

Yay everyone! We're still moving!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Got partial goals accomplished.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
    2 three mile runs... got 1 four mile run in
    2 yoga sessions...done
    Also got 2 weight training sessions in

Keep it going.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Good workout Boudreaux!

In had to modify my goals in regards to my pt exercises of 3-4x/week. My PT guy wants me to do a full routine each time, but I'm not achieving this. So instead I'm breaking it up and doing at least some of the exercises each day. Much more doable especially when I have other modes of exercises that day.

Anyway, I babysat twice and grocery shopped. I had been hiring my dil to do some of the more challenging chores, but she's been too busy lately. (I vacuumed 2 rooms for starters)

I've also started in on cleaning out/washing my 2 largest lower kitchen cabinets and got lots of arm exercises and got down on the floor and up again numerous times.

My goal for next week is 5 days of some form of activity/exercise.

Have you all have a great week of achieving what you can!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
        2 three mile runs... got 1 four mile run in
        2 yoga sessions...done
        Also got 2 weight training sessions in
        Way to go Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        So instead I'm breaking it up and doing at least some of the exercises each day. Much more doable especially when I have other modes of exercises that day.
        Good strategy, Seasha.

Anyway, I babysat twice and grocery shopped. I had been hiring my dil to do some of the more challenging chores, but she's been too busy lately. (I vacuumed 2 rooms for starters)

I've also started in on cleaning out/washing my 2 largest lower kitchen cabinets and got lots of arm exercises and got down on the floor and up again numerous times.
        Your challenging chores are heavy duty workouts (in my opinion) Seasha!

I had a very good week, and grateful to make goals. My exercise routines went well. Walking and moving around in general, seemed a tad bit smoother than usual. I'll take it!

Sticking with current goals:

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk/Stand with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, and Lower Back Exercises

Good energy, perseverance, and peace of mind to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

got lots of arm exercises and got down on the floor and up again numerous times.

Hi everyone! Some alterations in routine workouts! The change-up is a good thing... Seasha, the above is a workout in itself. Depending on position, you use a variety of muscle groups just getting up & down.

And KoKo, the "smoother" aspect of doing your routines is certainly welcome! Wish I could understand why there is no apparent consistency with the spasticity thing. Although I've had "good days," the best takeaway "Keep it going! (Bourdreaux)

My week: Monday we did lower body / core. Apparently 40 is the new 30 (reps).... so it was thorough but went well, since there was stretching in the closing act. Tuesday was pool day... with a leash! Yeah, Arf-arf. An attempt to stretch my spastic arm straighter while walking (forward, backward, crab-like etc) across pool. Prooved to be a challenge to balance as well as virtues. Take away: I did not drown.

Thursday upper body / core, My spastic arm (grip too) held out as we visited 6 pieces of equipment that I'm not on the best of terms with. Partial success Thursday Mamabug, sigh.

5 days @ 20 minutes per stretching. 3 days @ 30 minutes each on various cardio equipment.

Good week, except for upcoming snow & single digit night temperatures through end of month.... ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Take away: I did not drown.
            Well, that's a good thing! We would miss your cheerleading spirit

Good week, except for upcoming snow & single digit night temperatures through end of month.... ugh!
            Be safe and stay warm! We're dealing with 18" of the white stuff myself.
            And btw, great job on your efforts!

Comment

My week: Monday we did lower body / core. Apparently 40 is the new 30 (reps).... so it was thorough but went well, since there was stretching in the closing act. Tuesday was pool day... with a leash! Yeah, Arf-arf. An attempt to stretch my spastic arm straighter while walking (forward, backward, crab-like etc) across pool. Prooved to be a challenge to balance as well as virtues. Take away: I did not drown.

Thursday upper body / core, My spastic arm (grip too) held out as we visited 6 pieces of equipment that I'm not on the best of terms with. Partial success Thursday Mamabug, sigh.

5 days @ 20 minutes per stretching. 3 days @ 30 minutes each on various cardio equipment.
              Looks like you're really working hard, Jer!

Tuesday was pool day... with a leash! Yeah, Arf-arf.
              She's a lion tamer, so that should be 'roar- - roar'.

Hope she doesn't bring out that whip next.....
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you for still being here! My hyperthyroidism is gtting under control. It's from the lemtrada. My "e d c" keyboard buttons aren't working so I have to use a virtual kyboard - sooo time consuming so until i fix it I'll just be reading. This week I plan to keep my home in order - and do some early spring cleaning - some each day. TX!

Comment

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
                  Thank you for still being here! My hyperthyroidism is gtting under control. It's from the lemtrada.
                  Glad the hyperthyroid is getting under control. Hope you're feeling better!

This week I plan to keep my home in order - and do some early spring cleaning - some each day. TX!
                  Sounds like a good plan, sardi!

Come back and check-in, when your keyboard is working.

Comment

Good to hear from everyone. Nice work.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made goals ((01-09 - 01-15)

Good work, everyone!

Total steps = 14,064 Avg steps = 2009 per day
                      Exercised 7x this week:
                      - Silver Sneakers 1x (T)
                      - Chair Yoga 2x (M,W)
                      - Strong Seniors 2x (M,W)
                      - PT at home 2x (Th, Sat)

Goals:
                      1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
                      2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
                      - Include both some cardio (Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike, etc) and some strength training (Strong Seniors, PT, etc).
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug

Total steps = 14,064 Avg steps = 2009 per day
                        Exercised 7x this week:
                        - Silver Sneakers 1x (T)
                        - Chair Yoga 2x (M,W)
                        - Strong Seniors 2x (M,W)
                        - PT at home 2x (Th, Sat)
                        Terrific job with your goals, Mamabug!

Nice mix of exercises, plus a lot of steps too!

Comment

Thank you for still being here! My hyperthyroidism is gtting under control. It's from the lemtrada. My "e d c" keyboard buttons aren't working so I have to use a virtual kyboard - sooo time consuming so until i fix it I'll just be reading. This week I plan to keep my home in order - and do some early spring cleaning - some each day. TX!
                          Good to hear from you, sardi! I imagine we can decipher your posts even tho the "edc" aren't working, so don't be shy

And good luck on the early spring cleaning. I'm doing that too since we're snowbound for awhile.

And great job Mamabug on reaching your goal!!

Comment

Working...
                          X