Does SSDI ever stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does SSDI ever stop

Question? Once an individual receives SSDI for MS,will payments ever reversed?
    I received SSDI 7 years ago. Unfortunatly, im transitioning to spms. im always fearful that payments will cease. Thanks for any information .
    Roxy118

CDR - continuing disability review

I think we all have that little fear. My understanding is that can be a possibility if your CDR shows improvement in conditions that led to your disability. The other possibility would be if they observed behavior inconsistent with your reported disability.

I don't think either happens frequently. So make sure you communicate symptoms to your neuro and that the medical records reflect it and also return all requests for update to SSDI on a timely basis. I try to get my records at the end of each year to make sure they reflect accurately.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I think we all have that little fear. My understanding is that can be a possibility if your CDR shows improvement in conditions that led to your disability. The other possibility would be if they observed behavior inconsistent with your reported disability.

I don't think either happens frequently. So make sure you communicate symptoms to your neuro and that the medical records reflect it and also return all requests for update to SSDI on a timely basis. I try to get my records at the end of each year to make sure they reflect accurately.

thanks for info and yes a topic we all fear.

Comment

The SSA does periodically conduct continuing disability reviews (CDRs) to confirm a person still qualifies for SSDI. These are occurring more and more frequently, as greater funds and prioritization are being placed on such reviews by the current Administration.

For claimants who remain symptomatic and continue appropriate treatment, these reviews should not result in a termination of benefits. The burden is on the SSA to show improvement and a possible return to work. In fact, in over a decade of representing disability claimants -- over 50% of whom have MS -- I have yet to have a claimant's benefits terminated who did not return to work.
        Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Working...
        X