Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and/or Ketamine Infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and/or Ketamine Infusion

I would like to know if anyone has been approved for Hyperbaric Oxygen or Ketamine infusions for neurogenic pain and whether it has helped the neuropathy pain in your feet or spinal stenosis pain.

I have tried medications such as Gabapentin and Lyrica + Elavil + Baclofen, and they have become ineffective. Due to chronic kidney failure, I am unable to take NSAIDS. Most recently, I tried acupuncture and Low Dose Naltrexone. I did get some relief with acupuncture, but after 3 months of LDN and the Autoimmune Protocol Diet, I am barely functional.

I had a lumbar fusion with hardware for spondylolisthesis two years ago, and now have scoliosis, as well as stenosis and spondylolisthesis of several vertebra above the lumbar surgery. I guess I am now considered Failed Back.

The labels, diagnoses and the expectations of the downward course of MS symptoms are meaningless to me. I have survived until retirement and wish to enjoy social engagements, grandchildren and travel. However, the spinal pain has imposed limits to even small household tasks that involve walking, and the neuropathy pain in my feet overwhelms sitting activities such as watching a play, movie or baseball game.

Medications have so many side effects which are not only sedating but I already live in the land of Dizzy with balance problems. I attend water aerobics but now even the pool exercises are producing pain while still in the water and falling is a way of life. When I have had surgery, the narcotics produce miserable itching that becomes worse than the pain. Previously, I have had infusions of IVIG for bacterial infections from an immune disorder, and they were miraculous for improvements of my MS symptoms, more so than the sinus infections.

I am desperate to increase my ability for the time I have left. Either cure me or kill me.

Hello Ga dancer,

I don't blame you for trying anything to relieve the pain you are experiencing or the things you try in order to restore function. I don't have direct experience with the oxygen therapy or infusions you mentioned, however, a therapy which my spouse felt was very beneficial to her foot pain was reflexology. Fortunately, a qualified reflexologist did the treatments for free for several months, otherwise, the cost is comparable to massage.

Also, I want you to know that you are in my prayers for health and well-being.

Best Wishes!

Comment

Working...
    X